“Charming & Delightful hotel”
Review of Country Inn Walker

Country Inn Walker
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Walker
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Charming & Delightful hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Extremely pleased by this hotel. The rooms were very clean & extremely spacious. Friendly staff. Most comfortable beds! Clean pool area. There was absolutely nothing I can complain about here. Completely charming property, all around! Great continental breakfast - an unexpected surprise - hot breakfast! (Hash browns, eggs and make-your-own waffles, to name a few...) And not to mention: 24 hour fresh cookies and coffee in the lobby Excellent value! I would definitely stay here again. HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina C
countryinnwalker, General Manager at Country Inn Walker, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Country Inn in Walker MN on Saturday. We arrived around 8:30pm. Although we travel alot for business this was a pleasure trip and for one night in a whirlpool room. Let me add, we have stayed at this hotel before. Upon arrival we gave our confirmation email to the front desk clerk. She gave us the usual paperwork and asked for my credit card. When she ran it she nervously asked if I would also like to put the $50 damage deposit on that card also, in case we wreck the room! I was taken aback as I had never run into this before and my husband and I are both professionals and way past the age of wrecking a room. There was no other explanation. The room and accommodations were in good repair and clean. The bed was comfortable and pillows nice. This "damage deposit" thing though stuck with me all night and still does as I sit to write this review. It bothered me so much we did not try the continental breakfast in the morning, we just left.
It was sad that this hotel suggested such a thing. Next time I'll stay at the Americinn in Walker.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mndivergirl1
, General Manager at Country Inn Walker, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback. We also apologize for making you feel the way you did about our hotel. It is fairly common hotel practice to charge a room deposit, though most hotels don't tell you about it and we chose to tell all of our guests about the deposit. However, after reading your review we have made the decission to stop collecting a room deposit at our hotel.

Once again, our apologies and we hope that you will give us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to Walker.
Mn
Reviewed May 18, 2012

If you want a lake view choose the upper floor. Trees mostly obscure the view from the ground. Not sure how good the lake view actually is, as we were on the lower floor. We just got glimpses of the lake from our room. Paying more for lake view might also make sense as it was away from the road which is pretty busy. Staff was top notch. Helpful and efficient. Room was REALLY clean. I have things that I always check for cleanliness when I walk in the room. They passed all of my tests with flying colors! Beds and linens were good. Location was excellent. Bike path access in the city park. Easy off and on the main drag. Just down the street from city park and downtown shopping. Quieter location than the other hotels in town. The Moose restaurant was right next door. We didn't eat there based on other reviews, but it would be handy if you are tired. Other choices are 1-2 minutes away though. I would definately choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Lake side upper floor for quieter room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank amismom
Los Angeles
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I was very surprised at the quality of my stay in Walker. The room was large, clean and offered a refrigerator and good wi-fi. They offered a full breakfast and the location was ideal with a view of the lake. A bike trail runs right behind the motel providing immediate access to the Paul Bunyan trail.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank murfplace1
Annandale, MN
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I reserverd a whilrpool room here for under $100. The casino down the road wanted $120 for a standard room because it was an event night. We walked in the door and wow did this place look nice. Like another reveiwer said, "it really had a home type feel" They had Chile simmering in the breakfast room. We were told to help ourselves. The desk help was very nice and our check in was quick. Our room was on the first floor with typical appointments in the room but it was lacking a picture or two as the walls were a little bare. No big deal though as the fluffy king bed with four pillows was fabulous. The only reason I didn't give this a five star rating is that we couldn't get the whirlpool to work. I had forgotton a wine bottle corkscrew and the front desk magically made one appear for us to borrow. Very Nice!
We stayed here on the first weekend of deer hunting. When we arrived at 3:00 PM the parking lot was almost empty. I looked out the window at 10:00 PM and it was full. When I got up at 8:00 AM it was almost empty again. We heard a little noise from the hunters at 5:00 AM but again it was no big deal. This is deer season in northern Minnesota!
We didn't use the pool area but we walked through it and it was very nice and clean. The pool was average in size but the hot tub looked huge. Very inviting. It really would have been nice to use.
The contiental breakfast is more then just that. Make your own waffels, scrambled eggs, patty sausage, cereal, fresh fruit and much much more. With all the hunters gone we had it mostly to ourselves. The attendant was also very friendy and helpful.
Would we stay here again? Absolutley! This motel was a very nice stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 106Sparky110
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Booked this last minute and it was a lovely stay. The hotel is quite new. Reception was delightful in assisting us to find the best rate. Upon checkin - it is like walking into a personal home - fresh cookies, fire place, comfy lounge and very welcome reception. Our room was on the 2nd floor (no elevators) and was very quiet. A small fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker were nice to have. Beds were very comfy and there was an extra blanket in the closet. The bathroom was large, VERY white with a great shower. We had a plumbing issue which was immediately attended to. There was a fun bar/restaurant next door to the hotel and reception gave us a coupon for a free drink. Continental breakfast the next morning was lovely and included make your own waffles. We would not hesitate to return here!!

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for best pricing.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Junglejody
Reviewed October 1, 2011

On a beautiful weekend in August 2011 our family stayed at Country Inn Walker while attending a family wedding. We wanted a hotel that was comfortable, clean and affordable. The Country Inn Walker exceeded our expectations!!!! The facility is beautiful and in a great location for all the activities and attractions the area has to offer. The rooms are large and nicely decorated and the beds very comfortable. The hotel was fully booked, yet the atmosphere was quiet and serene. Loved the complimentary breakfast in the morning- lots of selections to choose from and a hotel staffer that was cheerful and welcoming each morning. The other hotel staff were also very friendly and accommodating to our needs, as we were traveling with with a newborn baby and 2 dogs! Great place to stay-we would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Country Inn Walker is on Leech Lake. Ask for a room facing the lake! The views are great!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DHE333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walker
Chase on the Lake
Crow Wing Crest Lodge
Crow Wing Crest Lodge
#1 of 3 in Akeley
Anderson's Northland Lodge

Been to Country Inn Walker? Share your experiences!