“disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: http://www.luckymoosebargrill.com/
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The drinks tasted like they were mixed by a beginner. The food was typical bar food. The service was very slow.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Even though it was a ways out of Walker it was worth the few miles to drive. Good food and the wait staff was very pleasant. Plenty of food as usual.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

As we walked in we saw the sign noting a 2%service charge for using cr card. We considered walking out as that was our form of payment.
Server brought menus immediately so we thought service was going to be decent.
Took order, brought food. Food OK, not outstanding. Pasta a little pricy. Sunday special was a good value.
The pasta was cooked well but the Alfredo needed more garlic. The roast beef was overdone and dry.
Server never checked back after the meal was brought.
Server never asked if we wanted another drink, just dropped the check.
Didn't see him again till he picked up the payment.
As we were leaving he was sitting on a barstool on the back side of the bar
I am a server/bartender myself. I would never think of treating a customer like that. My payday depends on a customer tip. My paycheck goes to pay the taxes. Upsell another drink, upsell a dessert. Check back to see how dinner was. The bigger the tab, the bigger the tip (if service was good).
We sat on the bar side because the dining room side was noisy. There were only three tables total occupied, including our table, and there was another server on the bar side.
Walker is a tourist town. Building a restaurant next to a hotel/motel was a good plan. It's the only game close if someone is hungry and doesn't want to spend another minute in the car. Most tourists don't carry a lot of cash. Everyone uses credit cards. No other restaurant that we went to charged us for using a credit card. We were in town for four days and ate every meal out.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I'm a (former) Minnesotan, born and bred, who retired some years ago to Florida and returned on a family visit. I've always enjoyed Walker and so my wife and I while visiting happened upon the Lucky Moose. From the street it's an attractive place, but there the attraction ends.
My wife ordered a walleye sandwich and I the full walleye dinner, broiled, with the house salad but not until after repeat requests for some service. After a full 50 minute wait with absolutely no service in between we were getting ready to leave. Our waitress came with our food just as we were leaving--I guess that's what "lucky" means so we agreed to see the experience through, but that was our mistake.
My $19.99 walleye dinner consisted of two pieces of walleye which, though ample sized, were totally inedible, overcooked and scorched. I've caught, cleaned and cooked this fish a thousand times and still cannot imagine how one can ruin a piece of fish like that much less dare to serve it to a customer. The accompanying salad was limp, wrinkled and nothing short of disgusting. When I complained of it we were informed that "that's how they make them, ahead of time". We never saw rolls nor accompaniments. Since I was obliged to send the meal back and left hungry, perhaps I was luckier than I thought.
I'm scheduled to return to Walker in October. Guess where I'm NOT eating?

1  Thank gomersdaddy
Reviewed July 26, 2013

woman with lip piercings wouldn't seat us. We showed up on a Friday night at 6:45 with 10 people and were turned away. We offered to sit at 2 different tables. No one was in waiting room. She just said it would be over an hour. Very rude.

1  Thank dano8514

Been to lucky moose bar & grill? Share your experiences!