“Beautiful Leech Lake!”
Review of Leech Lake

Leech Lake
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Walker
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the Chippewa National Forest, this is one of Minnesota's biggest lakes.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Great for boating, jet skiing and hanging out at your cabin or resort. It's a very large lake, so not easy to get bored. Love the loons!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed there while our daughters were growing up.

1  Thank SandyA157
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This lake is HUGE! We drove around the area and there seems to be alot to do. There were several resorts. Would be a great place for the whole family.

Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great fishing, and always have several fish frys during our stay.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

My husband and I moved to Walker 3 1/2 years ago from St. Paul, MN and have never looked back! We love this town and we love this area. It is beautiful of course, Leech Lake is huge and is like a welcome home everytime I see it. I wait all winter for the ice to come off so I can finally feel at home again with the Lake in my view. The sunrise/sunsets around here are breathtaking. Walker has much to offer for those who like to explore a small town. Pretty much all of the restaurants/cafes are lovely and have great food. My least favorite options are the Lucky Moose and Bensons. My favorite choices are The Village Square and the 502, connected to the Chase on the Lake hotel. Also, Jimmy's serves up a mean pancake. Places to stay: 1st- The Country Inn. Newly remodeled, pool/hottub, breakfast, wonderful staff and cookies! Places to go: the trail system is amazing and brings you into Chippewa National Forest which is amazing. Rent a pontoon from one of the local resorts (I recommend Baileys Resort) for usually about 80-100 dollars for half day. Which is pretty good if you have a few couples to split the cost. Out on the Lake, bring your suit! Pull up to Horseshoe Bay for a drink and sit out on the lawn overlooking the great lake. Also, there is a local brewery that is more than happy to give tours and set you up with a sample of their great brews. At night, head on over to Charlies for karoake in the boat house bar at night, so much fun! The shops in town are also super cute and don't pass up Thrifty White, you will always find something cool to bring home as a memory of your trip or a gift. I love this town, I can't imagine anyone else not loving it too.

3  Thank Rachel R

Been to Leech Lake? Share your experiences!