“Close to bike trail and golf” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Chase on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Walker
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Close to bike trail and golf”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Ideal location if you want to golf and bike. Golf courses close by and the Heartland bike trail runs right past the hotel. Mixed thoughts on the hotel itself. Unlike other people, our food was very good, but the hostess in the dining room was not accommodating. Our last night there was a gorgeous evening, pleasant temp, no wind, no humidity and they said the patio/deck was "closed due to bad weather earlier". We were outdoors all afternoon and there was no bad weather. Not that many evenings like that one in Minnesota. I hope they rethink that policy. Room not great; small, dark, not that clean. Would have been nice to have at least one comfortable chair to sit in, too. Massage in the spa was very nice. Front desk staff very accommodating.

Room Tip: We searched for pet friendly places and booked through hotels.com. We requested a lakeside room, bu...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Com4tableAdventure
Chase_Manager, Manager at Chase on the Lake, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on your recent stay with us here at Chase on the Lake. One of the nicest things about our property is it's location. We are just within walking distance to downtown Walker, the Heartland bike trail is just right outside the door and the golf courses are only a few miles away. I do not know what the situation was the night that you wanted to sit on the patio, but I would like to apologize for our staff not being more accommodating to you as our guest. We will be discussing this incident at our next managers meeting and appreciate your feedback. I hope that you accept our apology and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

If I am paying that much, I should be paying for top notch service. Unfortunately the have a lot to learn on how to pamper a guest. They have an amazing property in one of the best locations I have seen. We couldn't even get service in the bar or restaurant. When I called front desk to request I was told twice they were to busy to help me. I would however try them again because of their understaning of my awful experience while at checkout. Also rent a bike its amazing!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kissmesoft
Chase_Manager, Front Office Manager at Chase on the Lake, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experiences during your visit to our property. We feel that feedback from our customers is a valuable tool in managing a facility such as ours, and your comments will help us to make the changes that are needed in order to follow through with complete customer satisfaction. I sincerely apologize for the lack of customer service that you received during your stay with us. My name is Leslie and I do believe that I spoke with you upon your departure from the hotel. I hope that I handled the situation to your satisfaction, and if not I would love to speak to you again. Please accept our apologies and we do hope that you will visit us again in the future.
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

The food at the 502 restaurant at the Chase on the Lake resort was expensive and awful. The stuffed cabbage was dry; the sauce was cold and the stuffing was anything but good!. The pork chop was not done. Leech Lake has some of the best wild rice in the country and is available for purchase but this wild rice pilaf was the cultivated kind and was tasteless. The velvet cake was dried out and the icing was still frozen. Even though the service was OK, we shan't be returning to pay $65 for two people for this poor quality food.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Cynthia J
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food at our restaurant. If possible, I would love to hear from you personally so that I can try to fix this issue if it has not already been taken care of by another manager. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss this in more detail. I would love the chance to make this right with you. My name is Leslie and my direct line is 218.547.8512. I hope to hear from you soon. Have a nice day.
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I planned a get away with my 3 sisters to enjoy some special relaxing time with food & shopping! We weren't there for the fishing or boating but went to enjoy a day in the Fall. At the time we visited, the Ethnic Fest was happening! Wow...such a bonus! The entertainment was terrific - lots of multi-cultural music & displays & the food superb. All held right downtown! We had a very nice, clean room - comfortable beds, roomy. We enjoyed drinks in the bar before dinner as they were so very busy but the food was so worth the dining experience we had! We all ordered this HUGE family plate of ribs with the sides of our choice. Very delicious and we would do it all over again! We were there for one night. Our stay was short but memorable! Oh, and the grounds were fun to walk around & the cute little coffee house provided us with our favorite drinks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chase_Manager, Manager at Chase on the Lake, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Ethnic Fest is always a fun and exciting weekend for us here in Walker, and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. We anticipate your next visit and look forward to seeing you soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Pool was great rooms very clean. Beautiful location on the water. Dinner in 502 was very good. Close walk to down town walker shops. Lots of rental options also. Only small wish was the room fridge freezer was a block of ice so I couldn't open door on freezer.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at our property. I'm sorry to hear that your freezer was frozen shut. We will be checking this more closely on all rooms prior to guests arrival. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return and we hope that you have a wonderful day.
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during the weekend of July 20th. We stayed in a non-lake view room which was fine. Check-in was a breeze and the front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The room was modern and had nice furnishings. The bathroom had nice fixtures and everything worked as it should.
I was disappointed that the beach was as small as it was and that there weren't enough chairs for all the guests (many people had their own chairs and we would've too had we known they'd be needed).
And now for the bad part...we ate at the restaurant and upon being seated our hostess had a horrible attitude. We asked to be seated at a table in the sun but she had other plans. I pointed to a table that I thought would be perfect and my suggestion was met with frustration that she made no attempt to hide. I sensed that she was upset so I pulled out all the stops to be overly nice (I've been a business owner for many years and I know how to handle frustrated employees). My wife implored me to chat with her manager but I didn't want to cause any trouble so I just let it go. Thankfully our server was great and our food was above average so not all was lost.
All in all I would probably stay here again but I'd have to get a great deal on the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cam01209
Lino Lakes, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had a 2-bedroom condo on 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard & the lake. Very nice. We had the breakfast package and the breakfast buffet was good with egg quiche, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, etc. The beach is really nice for little kids - very shallow and surrounded by docks so they can't get too far. But the older kids wanted deeper water and couldn't get to it due to the boats and docks. Staff was great about bringing us things as soon as we asked. The 2-lane bowling alley in the lower level is cute and looks fun for rainy days. Fitness room was just moved to main level and was really small - not sure if they were remodeling or what. Jets in Jacuzzi weren't working right. Addition of new building to existing historic building does make a little bit of a maze - they could improve signage to find your way around. Did not have chance to try out the spa. Price of room a little spendy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walker
Country Inn Walker
Hiawatha Beach Resort
Hiawatha Beach Resort
#5 of 8 in Walker
Anderson's Northland Lodge

Been to Chase on the Lake? Share your experiences!