“only once”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have only eaten here once but it was soooooo bad!! My pizza looked worse than one I would put into the oven and my husband overspent on dried, burnt beef..

Reviewed December 30, 2012

First time visit as recommended by long time patrons, was greeted by a piano player on a beautiful baby grand. Restaurant is open, yet private with decor that seems to separate spaces into private locations. Food was exceptional, Salmon for one, fettuccine for another. Wine selection is modest, however, very well priced. Flaming cheese app was very well done as well as delicious. Great service . It's a place one would wish to come to often if one lived in the neighborhood.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

When I lived in St Cloud, Cafe Renaissance was my favorite restaurant. It's a restaurant I could count on for fabulous food, service, and atmosphere. The last time I was there was about 4 years ago. So when I was in St Cloud recently visiting wih friends, I was excited to go. The decor is still beautiful, the piano player great, but the rest...what a disappointment. The crab cakes were bland. Of the 4 meals ordered, only one was good...the special. The blackened swordfish wasn't properly blackened. The pepper steak tasted like chili seasoning was smeared all over it. And the chicken in the Chicken Bryan wasn't tender. But the utimate sour note was the pots de creme. I used to go the Cafe Renaissance regularly to order just that dessert. The recipe or quality of ingredients seems to have changed, everybody who was there had had he pots de creme before years ago and loved it. Not this time. It was overly sweet and had an odd aftertaste. Let me tell you, spending around $200 for 4 people, and nobody is impressed with the night, that is not a good value. It is sad to see what used to be a first class restaurant switch to what I suspect are packaged foods, lower quality ingredients, and still charging high prices. And to top it off, the service was just ok.

1  Thank EMT_12_12
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Lovely! That was my first thought when I walked in. Nice decor- sort of bohemian style? Nice subdued lighting. A WONDERFUL piano player! Playing nice music.

This was for an anniversary celebration and I was very happy with this place! I WAS romantic. The menu is huge! SO much to choose from you will have a very very hard time.

We chose the Osso Bucco and Pomegranite Chicken. Everything was wonderful! The complimentary bread and olive oil for dipping was very good. The bread was like a "foccacia" to me, Ioved it.

I cannot wait to go back here. I want to go at least once a month now! I want to try at least a dozen or more things on their menu. I can't believe that there is a place of this high caliber right here in Waite Park! A GEM.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

First class elegance in a small town, how great. Heavy drapes, arched doorways, statuary, and a piano player. We came as we were and were warmly welcomed, but given the nice surroundings, we wished we had dressed up. I had a spicy paella that I loved and chuck had chicken cordon bleu (I think). There is lots more on this menu I want to try. Everything right down to the service was excellent.