“Great Sushi and Service”

Fuji Sushi & Steakhouse
Ranked #6 of 48 Restaurants in Waite Park
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2015

Went here for my birthday and had an excellent meal. The sushi was done right and very delicious. Had some california rolls as well that were also tasty. The guests that accompanied me thoroughly enjoyed their visit as well and soon returned for more great food. The decor is quite impressive especially in the entry way. I wish I could have incredible furniture like the couches and beautiful carvings you will find in the front waiting area.

1  Thank dolsbrandon

Reviewed December 18, 2015

We went with some friends from Baltimore for something different for a dinning experience. This was my wife's first time hibachi and it was good. The chiefs "food shot" to our mouths had a little to be desired. My wife got a shot that came in short and hit her in the neck and the rice was a little warm. Make sure your napkin covers your neck. The maitre d' Jay was very friendly and funny. The chief was very entertaining also. Worth the check out. Getting the bill was a little time consuming but we did have to get to pick up a car so that wasn't Fuji's fault.

Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

My parents just live down the street and we have visited Fuji multiple times over the years. Great service and tasty sushi! Tired the fancy rainbow roll this time, so yummy!

Reviewed August 13, 2015

My daughter and a group of friends asked me to call and make reservations for them at this restaurant. This was to be for dinner before a winter formal. I called on a Tuesday and made the reservation. I received a phone call on Friday "confirming" the reservation. When the group got to the restaurant on Saturday, they were told that they did not have a reservation. After waiting for 30 minutes past their reservation time, they were told that it would "only" be about 15 more minutes while they cleared a table for them. The group had a brief discussion and then left. (I was proud of them for doing this!)

I stopped in to talk to the manager. She informed me that they do not take reservations. (This after I had made a reservation AND had it confirmed.) I told her that I felt that my daughter and her friends had been discriminated against because they are teenagers. (A point that she denied, but the fact is, that is how they felt.) I told her that I thought she should make it right by offering gift cards (free meal) to each of the persons in the group. She told me that was not going to happen because that was too much money to "give away". I pointed out that was how much money they had already lost by not serving them in the first place. She did offer to give me certificates for me and my husband to eat there but I told her that I have no interest in eating at a restaurant that would discriminate against my daughter and then refuse to even try to make it right with those who they had actually wronged. I make sure that everyone I know knows about this situation. I didn't think (until now) to write a review on tripadvisor.

1  Thank Addison N
Reviewed July 23, 2015

I've been going to Fuji since it opened. The food has always been delicious. The service started off mediocre, but through the years, it's gotten so much better, and really have no complaints when I am able to go. The prices may seem a bit high to some, but when compared to many other Japanese places, I find the prices to be quite fair. Overall, no complaints! Now that I live out of state, I find myself wishing I would have been able to eat here more, but each time I come home for a visit, eating at Fuji is my #1 priority. ;)