“Aweful”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Waite Park
Milroy, Minnesota
“Aweful”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Dirty, smelly, gross. Carpets are stained, bedding is dirty, no shampoo in shower!! Staff is rude. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Try the Fairfield and ask for the AAA or other discounts. For $10 more you can stay in a beautiful...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Minnesota
Reviewed May 26, 2011

This is one of the cheapest chains around coming in under $40 for a single. No shampoo, no hair dryer, and pillows like mini-marshmallows but always seems clean, staff helpful, and usually a quiet, functional hotel. Good offroad location a couple of miles from I-94 but easy access. Lots of restaurants nearby. If you just want a place to sleep with no frills this is the place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed February 22, 2010

My father and I rented separate rooms at the Motel 6 in Waite Park while my mother underwent surgery in the hospital. We live about 1 hour drive from St Cloud. I felt the service was top notch, and the price was perfect. We paid under 35 dollars each for our rooms, my dad used his AARP card to get a discount. I had internet in my room and it worked perfectly. I only had two small complaints, my room was noisy since the night clerk was cleaning and going in and out of the office a lot of the night and the door banged each time. I was close to the office so heard it though my father was down the hall and never heard a sound. The day clerk told me that they would inform her to be more quiet at night. She was a new worker. And the channel line up on the tv was pretty limited, more HBO and ESPN than I would like, no Lifetime, AMC, TCM or some of the other channels I am accustomed to at home, but this was a small thing. The bed was really comfortable, I think it was a pillow top and not at all lumpy or hard. It was clean and there was plenty of hot water. The staff was courteous. I was very happy with my stay and would gladly stay again if needed. Thank you Motel 6!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank MinnAngel
The Midwest
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Well priced, very clean, staff was very good. Really good strip next to motel with everything well priced, college town style.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
St.Cloud, MN
Reviewed August 18, 2009

My eyes flooded with tears as I thanked Hotel Manger Jeff Powell, for the incredible ,unexpected experience I have had in his hotel. I am currently here on a two week minimum stay,on family-business. I succumbed to a near death reaction , to a simple medication. His alert, personable, and very friendly staff (Bonnie and Casey), knew something was seriously amiss,when they could not enter my room. They reacted ,immediately having my lock cut by another (maintenance) employee.It seemed I was all but 'not breathing'.Police and EMS immediately arrived, at their 911 call.I was whisked to the local hospital and ,as I came out of the convulsion/seizure state, I was informed I ' clearly would have died', without their immediate action
It's not simply that they saved my life,it has been so much 'more'. This place is clean,sharp ,quiet and precisely doing what it is here for ....giving value- accomadation wth a very human touch. I am a disabled former U.S. Marine Commanding officer. I have slept in the mud and I have been in 3+ star facilities. My experience here transcends their life-saving actions. I am actually 'shocked'...It's exceptionally clean ,ordered and well located. My disability is very serious,debilitating and I am very conscious of it. I, daily, live feeling that others 'judge' me. I am very embarrased and I can often see ,in the eyes, of the people I meet that they feel uncomfortable being near me because of the extent of the disability. But here I have been treated as a good, 'normal' human being , and that is so beautiful, so very rare and so needed .
If you are like me, and you want to spend your money on stuff you can take home with you, consider staying here. You will be , more than happy with your experience.
Thank you Casey, Bonnie and Jeff, you saved my life, you served me well, and you are just plain good, solid folks ....and we certainly need more of 'you' in today's world.
God bless you,
' Buddy'

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
saint cloud minnesota
Reviewed October 9, 2006

We stayed at the Motel 6 in Waite Park, MN between moves from one home to another. In our opinion the housekeeping and front desk employees went above and beyond there job descriptions to make every night very comfortable for us. However, the on-site manager was very rude not only to customers but also to the employees working there. We also endured a problem with our door key one evening upon check-in. The on-site manager came down to our room personally and told us there was "NOTHING" that could be done until morning. In there hotel directory, which is available in every room and at the front desk, they have a toll free telephone number to call with your comments and suggestions about your stay. After calling this comment line in the morning after our door problem, the on-site manager called us and blamed the girl working the front desk for not moving us to a different room. Why would we even ask the front desk after management themselves came to our room and said there was "NOTHING" they could do until morning. In my opinion, that was a very weak way of "passsing the buck" because management didn't want to take responsibility for the action taken on the problem. At this point we were offered a 10% discount "IF" we stayed another night, which we did. Then after checking-out for several nights we returned to stay again, however we were put on a "NO RENT" list. Once again we called the 800 comment line to find out why and they passed us on to the territory manager who didn't return numerous calls for days. When we finally heard from him,he told us he needed to speak and get information from his on-site manager and he would definately get back to us the following morning with some answers to our questions. That correspondence was on September 8th,2006, and as of todays date, we still have not heard anything from him. During this time I have sent a e-mail to the Motel 6 web-site which they returned a e-mail that I could not open and it had a virus, and I am awaiting another reply for another e-mail to them. My suggestion is to anyone staying at this Motel 6 is, If you have any negative comments, "DON'T" call there 800 comment line or talk to the management because you'd get better results going to a zoo. Motel 6 needs some management PR and CS training instead of how to "Pass the Buck" training.

• Liked — pet friendly
  • Disliked — rude management
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't call there 800 comment line with negative comments. You may be put on a "NO RENT" list.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank mizblacksheep

Travelers are raving about these Waite Park hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2003

Dirty, filthy, moldy in the bathroom. lumpy bed, threadbare linens, smokey hallways.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#12 of 19 in Saint Cloud
Courtyard St. Cloud
Courtyard St. Cloud
#11 of 19 in Saint Cloud

Been to Asteria Inn & Suites St. Cloud? Share your experiences!