“Toilet overflowing, heater screeching, embarrassed handicapped guest”

and 1 more site!
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wadena
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Wadena
Wadena
“Toilet overflowing, heater screeching, embarrassed handicapped guest”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

One of the staff admonished one of our guests, who came in before us, because we parked in a handicapped parking spot. Our guest said that yes, she was aware of that. The staff said again, "You parked in a handicapped spot." Our guest had to explain to the night desk clerk, that yes, the owner if the car is coming in, she is handicapped, and her handicap placard is hanging off the rear view mirror. The clerk then just said ok & walked away. No apology, nothing. It was embarrassing for my guest to be confronted like that & humiliating for me to have her treated like that & to have to have the fact that I'm disabled treated on such a way.

In another incident, earlier that day, by a different front desk personnel, my guest was in her room. The toilet started overflowing, so she called the front desk. My guest was asked if she wanted to come to the front desk for the plunger, or if she wanted it brought to her. She asked for it to please be brought. The hotel desk clerk brought the plunger & left. My guest had to plunge the toilet herself!!! The toilet didn't get working & when my guest went to wash her hands after she had to plunge the toilet herself, the sink wouldn't drain. She had to call back to the front desk & they changed my guest & her family to a different room, for the FIRST time that night!! Later, the heater started making a screeching noise, in the SECOND room & my guests was moved a SECOND time to a THIRD room of the night!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Suellyn S
americinnwadena, Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wadena, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am so sorry reading this response ... we had great communication with this issue and a pleasant departure. You were very lovely guests and we were pleased that you stayed at our AmericInn. I, again, apologize for the misunderstanding with the handicap parking area, we have had several guests in the past take these parking spots and have upset our handicap guests, I am sorry that the front desk representative did not check more closely for the card in your window before telling you that you would need to move to a different spot. I also again apologize that the toilet plugged in your first room, we have a safe and secure policy in place that our front desk representative can not enter a guests room when on shift alone and am sorry that they were unable to try and unplug your facility. Then having blower fan bearing seize up that night in your second room, we had the unit serviced the very next day, the tech had mentioned that he had been out on several similar calls due to the frigid below zero temp. You seemed content with the discount we gave on the stay and your guests shook my hand said it was no problem and wished me a Merry Christmas as we visited about their travel back to warmer weather. We credit our success in the lodging industry to providing clean and comfortable accommodations. With the remodel taking place (completed by summer 2014) our property will continue to be a lodging leader in our area. Thank you again for staying with us and I am very sincere saying you were a pleasure having as our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Very welcoming, comfortable, clean and accomodating. Hot tub was HOT! Provided pool towels,apparently VERY used. Small, cramped breakfast area. Nice business center & fire place area. Close to casual/take out restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Ellendale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

this hotel was very five star quality. The breakfast was outstanding. The pool area in hot tub are one of the best I have been in. The staff were very friendly and rooms very clean.you could not hear your neighbors

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Fargo, ND
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was at this location for only one night but it was very nice. My room was clean, the bed was comfy, and the staff was friendly. It's in a good location too, very easy to find. Next time I'm in Wadena this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is an older motel and is very clean. When we went to our room you could smell that it was clean. There was no odors that you typically can pick up on in the older places. Staff is friendly, service is great. The breakfast was good, more variety than you expect from a Mom and Pop. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped or have trouble with stairs ask for a room on the first floor. There are no e...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel has treated us like family for many years. The management at the Wadena AmericInn has been more than accommodating to me and my entire family as Wadena is our hometown, but all except one of us has moved away. The family environment of the hotel makes it very easy for my entire family to meet at this location. The kids have a blast in the pool area and the adults can sit In the pool area as their are plenty of chairs to gather for visiting.

Room Tip: Choose one at the end of the hall, away from the lobby
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at the AmericInn in Wadena for a wedding recently. I can't say enough about how I was treated. The staff was very nice and accommodating. I was even greeted by the hotel manager. You can tell he knows how to treat his customers and make them feel welcome. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. If you're passing through this area and need a place to stay, this is definitely the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadena
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 5 in Wadena
Super 8 Perham
Super 8 Perham
#2 of 2 in Perham

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wadena? Share your experiences!