“This was a great hotel for the price. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis

Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
Waterbury, vt
“This was a great hotel for the price. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I needed a room for one night close to my meeting at Ridgeview and I was pleasantly surprised by this place for the price. The room was clean and well equipped with a nice new big screen tv, cable, and dependable wireless signal. They even had a nice work desk in the room and plenty of plugs for my laptop and accessories. The owner was very nice and accommodated every request I had. There was also a decent continental breakfast.

My only complaints would be that there is no fitness room which is to be expected in a hotel of this size and there was no Gideon bible in the room that I could find, which is just a personal pet peeve of mine.

Book on the website directly for a cheaper price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minneota, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

I went to visit family and decided to stay at the Wiconia Inn and Suites. I was impressed with the quiet atmosphere of the lobby and room I slept in. It was very clean and comfortable. There was nice breakfast buffet or cereal, bagels with cream cheese, and juice. The coffee is available 24/7 which is nice if you are one that is up at different times. The manager Jay was very friendly and accommodating to our needs. He always acknowledged our presence when out in lobby by a simple hello and how are you. He just made me feel very welcomed and comfortable. I would definitely go back there because it feels like home away from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank b k
Herkimer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past year. Both times the hotel staff was very accommodating even when I had to check in rather late due to plane arrival issues. The rooms were quaint and tidy, and the beds were comfortable. Free wifi was a plus as well. Overall, my stays at this hotel were very pleasant and convenient for the activities I had planned to do while visiting the area. On a special note, I accidentally left my phone behind on my last visit and once I'd been able to contact the manager about my phone, he found it in my room and sent it to me (living in NY) paying for postage himself. I appreciate even more the honesty and generosity of this action.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel M
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Waconia Inn & Suites was a perfect stay. At first glimpse, it doesn't appear that it would be very nice considering it is an older building, but my stay here was great. My room was very nice. They were renovating a lot of their rooms while I was there, upgrading them from what I could tell. My room had hardwood floors and brand new lighting fixtures in the bathroom. Even more so than the room, the staff was superb. As a traveling business man I live out of hotels and a nice staff makes all the difference. The manager, Aaron, was so accommodating to anything I needed. Since I am usually on extended stays it is sometime hard to work with the managers, but not at all in this case. I highly recommend this hotel over the other in Waconia if you are planning on staying in the area, especially for an extended period of time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived at 10:30 p.m with kids for a long 4 day weekend. We were greeted by staff who made kids feel good after a long tiring drive.

The rooms were clean and comfortable . We called the first night to get bedding for the pull out and a young man made the unit for us, the next morning we left a note for added towels and a blanket and returned to find them.

The breakfast buffet was great. I stayed all over globe on Hiltons and Sheratons and I must admit this is - on par if not better experience for a fraction of cost in MN. This is without a doubt one of our favorite all time hotel stays.

Room Tip: Recommend people to go for the first floor rooms or the Jacuzzi room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Clean room, friendly staff but overall pretty low quality. Beds were uncomfortable and bathroom left much to be desired. Not sure where these rave reviews are coming from. The hotel was quite over priced considering the lack of amenities.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Alison M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I visited waconia for hospital. This place looked busy. stayed in first floor, super quiet, comfortable bed and clean room. Stayed another night, as I liked it. Lobby was clean and bright. simple setup and great value!!

Room Tip: Ask for 122. New room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SSV L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waconia
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia
4.5 of 5 stars 42 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Delano
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Chaska

Been to Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!