“Stay here every time we visit Waconia”

Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very reasonable priced hotel, Great!! staff, clean rooms and up up to date ammenities. Close to downtown, shopping, lakes. Nearby breakfast facilities Did I say wonderful staff, my favorite place in Waconia to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very reasonably priced, clean, up-to-date facility. Our room was very comfortable and quiet, and we were able to control the temperature the way we wanted it. Staff were friendly, welcoming, professional, and very helpful. They made us feel right at home. Continental breakfast was just right. Staff made it clear you could ask for whatever you need and they would promptly help you. We were glad we chose to stay at Waconia Inn & Suites. It was a little off the beaten path (but Waconia is not a big town), but very well worth finding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Waconia Inn is clean and comfortable. It's just like home away from home. Everything in the room worked perfectly! The staff is exceptionally professional, yet informal, kind and courteous. We felt a "closeness" with them as if we were "family." When I inquired about which routes would be best to nearby locations, the manager, Bruce, even printed out maps for me from his computer. They have a good continental breakfast that stays out until 10:00 am for us late risers, and their room rates are considerably less expensive than the competing motels in the area. We would definitely stay here again, and I highly recommend the Waconia Inn to everyone. It truly is the prime most outstanding motel in the area! Ron J.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron J
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting family at the hospital, it got late and I was way too tired to drive home. Some app indicated an available room at the nearby AmericInn but when we got there, the desk clerk told me they had been sold out all day.

We drive to the next nearest place - The Waconia Inn and Suites. It is an older property, I'm guessing late 70s/early 80s and the signage inside made it obvious that it had been a Super 8 at one point.

The desk clerk was very friendly and made me feel really welcome - a completely opposite experience from the AmericInn. The lobby was immaculate and odor free.

Our room was clean and odor free. The bathroom was a pleasant surprise - it too was exceptionally clean. There was a newer desk, your standard cable and a clean comfy bed.

My only complaint about the stay is that it was pretty warm in the room. The A/C unit is near the ceiling. I'm 5'5" and couldn't reach the controls to turn it on. It got uncomfortably warm during the night. I felt pretty stupid when, in the morning, I realized the window could be opened. I hadn't thought to look the night before.

The good stuff: free WiFi, continental breakfast, very clean, sink separate from shower/tub/toilet room, bathroom fan on separate switch.

When we left in the morning, the same desk clerk was working. We weren't the only guests that night but he remembered us, why we were there and engaged us in some personable conversation. I think he may be an owner because I've never had such friendly service, he made it seem like your checking in to a B&B versus a place for the price conscious to lay their heads.

$80 seemed a little high for a motel in the middle of nowhere but overall it was worth not making the drive home,

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed here while moving to town for a new job. It was my home away from home for a week. The room was very comfortable and exceptionally clean and quiet. The management are friendly and very accommodating. It was considerably less than the other hotel in town. This is a "gem" in Waconia!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place did the trick. Although it's not as fancy as the other hotel in town, with a pool. It has a friendly staff, Bruce the manager was great. The rooms are comfortable and they have my favorite bagels in the morning for breakfast! It's also the more affordable option in town. Definitely choose this place.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, be sure to ask for a non smoking room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah19H
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed here on a Sunday evening July 8th. Our daughter lives in Waconia but in a smaller townhome where there is not enough room for all of us to sleep comfortably. Our check in was quick and very friendly. The room was in tip-top shape and very clean and most importantly the place was very quiet and we got a very good nights rest. The only thing that happened that was negative was a car alarm went off around 9:30pm as we were relaxing. I couldn't figure out why the "person who has the car wouldn't shut off the alarm" and the car was MINE! I had laid on my car keys in my pocket and activated the alarm. I was mortified and the staff was very kind when I went out running to shut it off. This hotel will receive our business again today (July 13th) since we are coming back thru to visit our daughter. What a gem!

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here. Just the perfect place!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waconia
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen
HomeTown Inn & Suites
HomeTown Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Belle Plaine

Been to Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!