“Friendly, helpful, comfortable, and affordable”

Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Waconia
La Crosse, Wisconsin, United States
“Friendly, helpful, comfortable, and affordable”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I could not have asked for a better place to stay. The room was super clean, the price was affordable, and the staff was remarkable. I would more than recommend this place for your next stay in Waconia, you would be very pleased!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alyssa H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I stayed at the Waconia Inn from 6-21-12/6-24-12. I couldn't have been more pleased with my choice to stay here. My room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the continental brekfast was an added plus. Doug was a perfect host and took a genuine interest in his guests. I would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Steven B
r
Reviewed June 16, 2012

While not super fancy, the Waconia Inn was perfect for our needs this trip. The rooms aren't huge and it's an older hotel that shows its age just a little around the edges, but it is spotlessly, scrupulously clean and well appointed. There is continental breakfast with seating areas in a bright, sunny foyer, the usual amenities like coffee in the rooms and the like, and the staff and management were so welcoming and friendly it was like staying with family. They bent over backwards to make our stay comfortable and easy. I've rarely stayed in a place where I felt so looked after. We will definitely stay there when we are in Waconia again. I really can't recommend it enough. Don't expect the Western Grand with uniforms and brass elevators and 1000 foot suites, but do expect a compact, comfortable space where you can rest in the AC in perfect comfort, knowing you're in great hands.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tesssss
Seattle
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The last time we were in Waconia, we stayed at the AmericInn but they didn't have the room we wanted so we came here to Waconia Inn and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. While noteably less expensive, this place was a great choice. It's older than the AmericInn but very well kept and spotlessly clean. Minor annoyances like no soapdishes or microwave in room were totally balanced by things like coffee and refrigerators in the room and continental breakfast in the lobby (bagels, dry cereal, cinnamon rolls, instant oatmeal; orange, apple and cranberry juice, coffee. Served til nearly 11:00). Above all, the staff were endlessly welcoming, friendly and accomodating. All requests were met readily, information about town and also nearby places we meant to visit was forthcoming and useful. Soap and shampoo were typical hotel quality (which never works for me) but a quick stop to the nearby Walgreens solved that problem cheaply and easily. Cleaning staff were also efficient and friendly. The room we had wasn't palatially huge but since we weren't spending all our time in it, again was not a problem. There is also a restaurant across the parking lot in case you didn't want to drive to food. Overall it was a very good experience and next time I'm in Waconia, I will come here first.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is on a side street, I don't think any room is better than another. The walls ar...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Monticello
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at the Waconia Inn & Suites with a friend. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms are also very affordable. The Manager of the hotel was very kind, he brought us two glasses into our room if we needed them. He also supplied us with a cab service within the area. He gave us information as to what was happening in the town for the weekend. He also allowed us to have a later checkout as we wanted to sleep in. My experience was great and would not hesitate to stay there again. If you are in the area and need a place to stay, go to the Waconia Inn & Suites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jeaneen F
Minnesota
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This hotel has the warmth and kindness of a family-run hotel. It is very clean, personable, and comfortable. I would easily recommend this hotel to my family and friends. The hotel is in a quiet location, the manager makes the guests feel welcome, and there is a friendly dog to greet the visitors when they come 'home'. This is a great place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Susie S
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The manager Bruce is the friendliest person you will ever meet. He is so helpful. He keeps the hotel extremely clean!!! Absolutely great!!!!

2 Thank Kendrak72
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waconia
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Waconia
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
AmericInn Chanhassen
#2 of 4 in Chanhassen

Been to Waconia Inn & Suites - Waconia / Minneapolis? Share your experiences!