“Slow and not very good service.”
Review of Lola's Lakehouse

Lola's Lakehouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola's Lakehouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Waconia
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
MN or UK
“Slow and not very good service.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I really, really want to like this place. It has a very nice deck on the water and the decor is nice. Beyond that I have been repeatedly let down at Lola's. My family went to enjoy happy hour specials one night, the place was empty, two other tables had people on the deck. We sat on the deck as well. When we asked about the happy hour specials we were told that they were only served on the "bar side of the deck." Which was two tables away. We were told this is a new policy and is intended for when they are busy. But they weren't busy. We moved anyway, and once seated on the bar side-- two tables away-- we were ignored. Our order was finely taken, food finely delivered and we never saw the waitress again. What really irritated me with having to move tables, despite the place being empty, is that another couple was seated one table away from the bar side and they were allowed to order happy our specials.

I can get over the happy hour seating thing, I would just suggest that the hostess asks before seating, which she did not with us.

A more recent visit we went for their advertised meal special, I think it was some fish or something. There were about 4-5 other tables full that night. Our orders were taken and the food never came. Someone (the manager?) offered us extra bread- a nice gesture, but the main food never came. We waiting well over an hour. 45 minutes passed since the manager (?) apologized and offered the bread-- surely enough time to start the entire meal over twice and have it delivered.

After delivering the bread, no one came to check on us again. We finally had to get up and leave. We couldn't find anyone around to even inform them we were leaving.

They certainly had staff and they were not busy.

2 Thank Guesswho8thecake

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Disappointment every time!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Lake waconia is a beautiful site but other then that this town has nothing to offer. As you walk up to this fun restaurant with excitement that disappointment hits as soon as the waitress seats you. Staff isn't the most welcoming, as you order a drink even the simplest they just can't seem to do it no matter who their bartender is, then you order the food and it's pure disappointment! The view from their deck is beautiful but order a water and head to the cities after you breath in the air and look at the lake,

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank jeddy815
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“So disappointing”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family went to Lola's Lakehouse last night to celebrate a birthday and were so disappointed with our food. The expensive tuna was not even warm when served...granted it was rare, but should have at least been warm, and the flavor was bland. Pairing it with potatoes was a big zero. Even the baby bok choy was limp and lifeless. The New York strip steak was half gristle and tough to both cut and chew. The sides also lacked creativity. All-in-all, it was a very expensive mistake to choose Lola's. I may return, but will save my special occasion dining for another restaurant.

3 Thank greytlife
Geneva, Illinois
“great service”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been to Lola's many times over the last 2 years. The food has always been good and the views of the lake are great whether winter or summer. I have to say the last visit was the best service my co-workers and I have received. we sat in the bar area in a booth. Kristen was our server - she was great! we had a blast! I'm sure we will be back again in the next few months.

Hollywood, Maryland
“Special nite out in very popular location”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

On Lake Waconia in the middle of winter might seem a little cold but it was warm and inviting at Lola's. Menu was extensive for this little town, drinks and wine perfect with lobster, fish and steaks that seemed just out of this world. A bit pricey but not for the ambiance and the food quality. Service was excellent and the view of the lake even though frozen was fun.

Visited March 2013