“I did it!”

Broken Paddle Guiding Co.
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Wabasha
More attraction details
Owner description: The premier kayaking and outdoor education guiding service on the Upper Mississippi River. We are your connection to the wild waters and natural beauty of the Mississippi River's tributaries and backwater channels. Offering tours on the Mississippi River and Lake Pepin in the Wabasha area.
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I am an overweight, 62 year old woman who has always wanted to try kayaking. I came across Broken Paddle on the internet and contacted them to see if it was feasible for me to try kayaking for the first time. They were so encouraging and knowledgeable about kayaking that I signed up for the Raptor Tour, with my daughter, while we were visiting Minnesota. The experience was awesome. We appreciated Jeff's encouragement as we started out learning how to maneuver the paddle. He knew a lot about the history of the area and the dredging that was going on at the time in the Mississippi. As we kayaked thru the back areas we saw many bald eagles in the trees and one lovely golden eagle. If you have never experienced kayaking, I highly recommend it. Broken Paddle really knows how to give you a unique and memorable experience!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Wonderful experience !!! All of the guides were fun, smart and we felt very safe on the big calm river. If you have never kayaked, you could not find better guides. My mother was so afraid of tipping or being soar. Neither happened. We experienced the sunset tour and it was Amazing!!!!
If you are on the fence...jump now!!
You will be glad you did.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I took my 13 year old Daughter to Wabasha for the weekend. We stayed at Turning Waters (another must) and went kayaking with Broken Paddle....it was such a great time. Our guides Michael and Alex were fun, funny, smart, and very safe. They knew so much about the wildlife and bugs and plants! Alex helped us get some great pictures of an eagle eating his lunch, which was a huge highlight for me. My Daughter got to visit a small island and climb a fabulous tree with Alex, which was a major highlight for her. She is still talking about how much fun she had. They provide everything you need; pfd, water, snack, dry bag. Definitely worth it and if we are in Wabasha again, we will sign up for another kayak adventure!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

great trip, and a beautiful evening. inexperienced kayakers can easily do the trip. highly recommended!

1  Thank charles b
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Absolutely Fantastic! We had the times of our lives! Alex and Jay, our guides, were so knowledgeable and so much fun! We had kayaked many times before but never on the Big, Mighty Mississippi ! We did the 5-6 hour Otter Tour (kayak and hike). Alex and Jay taught us so much about the river, wetlands, birds, animals, etc. No words can describe the experience! The river and kayaking were great! My college daughter loved the whole experience. Alex and Jay were so personable and great guides! We went with another family of four, so our party, counting Alex and Jay, was 8. It was out of this world! Everyone had a blast. I would highly recommend this adventure to everyone! We want to go back and do the "Sunset Tour" ! We will be back to go again! Thank you Alex and Jay for an adventure we will always remember and talk about forever! Bonnie & Kirsten

1  Thank Bonnie A