“A Step Back in Time”

Coffee Mill Motel and Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Coffee Mill Motel and Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wabasha
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A Step Back in Time”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

While traveling the bluffs of Southern Minnesota and enjoying the eagles in the Lake Pepin area, I stumbled across a quaint "ma and pa" motel. I was shown several newly remodeled theme suites that included Jacuzzi tubs, but opted for one of the "Chalet" rooms which is all I really needed on my budget. The manager was very accommodating in showing me various rooms and the owner, who is a Wabasha resident, gave me a lengthy history of the area which was very interesting. The property borders the Coffee Mill Ski Area and Golf Course and it was the break I needed away from the hustle of the city. There are many B&B's and Chain hotels in the surrounding areas, but this is not one of them. It's simple, clean and in a great location. Next time, I'll splurge and book one of the suites!!

Room Tip: The suites are newer and nicely done with either a Jacuzzi or a fireplace (or both), but on my budge...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank marilyn n

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Woodward, Iowa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We travelled with our two granddaughters and stayed at the Coffee Motel. Horrible experience. No amenities, office locked from 7 PM to 11 AM, no ice, no breakfast, towels like sandpaper, no view, not clean, and way over priced. I asked the granddaughters to rate the place and they gave it 5 dump trucks for a rating. Would advise not staying at this location.

Grandpa and Grandma G.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gene G
Boyd,WI
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My daughter's Wedding was on June 9th, 2013. I looked on line for the bed and breakfast in the name came up as AL's coffee mill inn and suites. There were no pictures but I called inches of the had a room. I was excited to be able to stay at my first bed and breakfast only to get their and find out it was a motel. The gave us two keys one worked and when didn't, it was two beds with a TV table and chair which I could've gotten at the roadway and for $59.00 instead I thought I was going to the bed and breakfast so I was willing to pay $79.00 and with tax made it to be $ 86.80. When it told the lady about the ad on the Internet should look so surprised that they would be listed under a bed and breakfast. Be yet there was no pictures on the Internet. So this picture that's on this page right now is not and does not look like anything that I stayed at on June 9, 2013. A friend of mine stayed across the river in Nelson and had a place that would accommodate six couples and he only paid $75.00 for him and his wife.
I was devastated!!!!

Room Tip: This was a rip off. It's not a bed and breakfast.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Edgerton, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am put up in motels through the company I work for, and have had some good and bad experiences. This was the worst yet. My key was taped to the door and no one was around. The hotel itself looks as if it were built in the 60's and has not had any renovation done since. I can handle that. The room was dingy and dark. Not a major problem. I then did as I do in every hotel I stay in, I checked the bed. As I pulled back the fitted sheets, three bed bugs/fleas made a hasty retreat. I am now at the Americinn across the street and resting comfortably. I would suggest you stay else where in Wabasha, and if nothing else is available, go to a different town.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Curt B
Charleston, TN
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the strangest experience we've ever had at a motel. We had advance reservations and when we arrived there was no one there and just a note with a phone number on the door. We did not have a cell phone available so we had to drive into town and find a phone to use. The manager said she would meet us at the motel in 10 minutes, which she did. After she checked us into our room she left and we never saw another human being again. There was no one on site nor were there any other guests. We were just to call her if we had any problems. I have a feeling this establishment is on a downhill slide and I would not recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurar12345
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This is one of the worst places I have stayed at. The room was dirty and smelled of urine, the carpets in the hallway were dirty and the staff were rude. I didn't even stay for one night, I left after 2 hours and found a better hotel.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank HKG_MFM_2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Don't expect any coffee or tea or light bulbs or air. Room 13 was airless, stinky, had dirty carpet and was pricey to boot. Pick another place if you can. The name is charming, the place is not.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank cassij01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabasha
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City
Sunrise Inn
Sunrise Inn
#1 of 2 in Mondovi
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wabasha

Been to Coffee Mill Motel and Suites? Share your experiences!