“Don't miss the Friday fish fry”

Slippery's Tavern and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Wabasha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Don't miss the Friday fish fry”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

By chance and good fortune we ended up at Slippery's for their Friday night fish fry. We enjoyed the broiled cod. It was moist and flavorful. Enjoyed their house specialty potatoes. It is so much on the water, that I learned that were we were sitting was occasionally under water. While we arrived there in the dark, we observed the next day the view would be of the river and the land and bluffs beyond that in Wisconsin.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Geronimo48

Madison, Wisconsin
“You can tell your friends you were at Slippery's”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

You can tell your friends you were at Slippery's. Don't tell them about the food.
We were staying at a local hotel in town. We stopped there on a Saturday night thinking it would be good to go to the famous Slippery's. There were a lot of local people having fun. It seemed like a lot of people knew each other. It was nice seeing people having fun.
About the food.,,,,On the special board when entering the place was a Prime Rib Special for about $16. I don't care how much a Prime Rib costs when I get one because I love a good Prime Rib. My Prime came out and it was nice size. I ordered it medium rare. Normal for prime rib. I took one look at it and I could see the brown over cooked area's on this steak that were produced by a microwave. THEY USED A MICROWAVE OR HOT WATER TO HEAT UP A PRIME RIB STEAK! Talk about shoe leather. This was shoe leather. I had to saw with a sharpe steak knife at least 15 strokes to cut a piece off this steak. I know that we are supposed to chew our food a lot of times for health reason's but I had to chew each bite for about a minute to be able to get it down. Worst Prime Rib expierance I have ever had.
Remember, this was the special on the board, normally I think when there is a special that it is fresh. Not at Slippery's.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Funman
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Okay”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went for my husband's 60th birthday. Our waitress either was new or just miserable by nature. The food was average and it took longer to receive than that of another table with another waitress that had come in after we did!! The place was not busy as this was a Wednesday about 4:30 in the afternoon I had the new york strip and added shrimp. The shrimp were delicious if you like the beer batter, should of only gotten that instead of the steak, Husband had a cajan pasta dish and it was served only luke warm I had to go in and get our drinks from the bar. There was a total of 5 in our party and the only thing that was really enjoyed was the full rack of ribs. To the tune of close to $200.00 which also included the bar bill of $30.00.
Extrememly disappointed, but at least we can say we were at "Slippery's". Won't be taking a second trip there.
And also the flies were horrific. They should of had some deterrent for them like the other outside bars in the area. Spent half the time brushing them away.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank jacar54
Eagan, Minnesota
“Good not great”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Sunday lunch and very busy. Staff was friendly, but flustered. Food took 40 minutes, but since we were outside the kids walked on the dock and watched the ducks. Only awful part about sitting outside were the flies. Tons and tons of flies. We were fine, but my mom would have left. Literally, 10-15 flies swarming tables, plates etc. Flies love ketchup.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mindy A
Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Neat town, interesting character's”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Slippery's is great fun! We enjoyed reading about and seeing some of the memorabilia from the movie Grumpy Old Men. Slippery's has a gift shop which holds the ice fishing house shown in that movie! The food at slippery's is very good and has some unique choices, two of us ate for under twenty dollars including beverages. We ate out on the back open aired porch, overlooking the active waterway. we saw a barge and some other larger freight boats. The day we ate there we were lucky enough to meet a guy who was traveling by raft. Slippery's staff and towns people welcomed this young brave man with open arms! he really added to the adventure. We had seagulls sitting on the dock rails and ducks sunned just below us on the sand. Inside you will find much to keep you occupied and in conversation. watch the movie again and then head out to Slippery's!

• Visited August 2012