All reviews brew pub amazing hosts the national eagle center wrap around porch great lakes breakfast was delicious kayak tour craft beer other guests master suite mississippi river private bathroom b bs house is beautiful great conversation each morning great weekend
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

The house was built in 1902 and has so much old charm. That being said, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast quite good. Brenda is a good host and we would recommend one of the larger rooms upstairs with the bathroom attached. We spent time playing cards and doing a puzzle on their large table that serves as the breakfast area.

They have a pub outside the back door and include a complimentary drink each night as well.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Brenda P, Owner at Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you. My question is did you ever finish the puzzle you all were fantastic. Thanks again and hope you enjoyed the Final Four. Brenda & Ford

Reviewed February 26, 2019

Originally, I hadn't planned on staying at the Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast, but I'm sure glad that I did! If I could give them more than five stars, I would!

I got stranded in Wabasha overnight on my way to Rochester, MN because of Blizzard conditions and closed roads, so I unexpectedly had to find a place to stay. I tried another hotel in the area first (AmericInn), but my car got stuck in the entrance to their lot, twice! There was only one staff member at that hotel, who wasn't allowed to leave the desk, so they were absolutely no help to me. To make matters worse, I found out that they were booked anyway. I wanted to cry; I couldn't get home, my car was stuck, I couldn't afford a tow truck, and I thought I would have to try and stay in my car overnight.

That's where the wonderful owners at Turning Waters B&B come in. I still needed to find shelter for the night and called them, and luckily they had a room available. Also, to my astonishment and great relief, the owner immediately offered to come over and help get my car unstuck from the snow! Within ten minutes of placing the call, one of the owners and two of their friends came with shovels, a truck with a tow chain and got my car out and safely to their B&B! They did this despite the 25-30 mph winds and 0 degree weather.

The inn itself was phenomenal too! I felt so at home. They have their own brew pub in the back and had the most amazing pizza, beer (made by them), and snacks available. I had a clean, cozy room to myself with a comfortable queen bed, space heater, and free wi-fi in a charming room (Prairie Room) of the historic house. I also had my own private bathroom down the hall with a clawfoot tub. There were bath salts and essential oils for a luxurious bath, at no additional cost. There were communal areas to share with other guests that included a library, living room with TV and kitchen and dining. The shared spaces really promoted a sense of community. I even met other people heading to Rochester and was able to join their caravan the next day and arrive safely home, which wouldn't have happened at another hotel.

Lastly, their was a home-cooked breakfast in the morning in the dining area for all the guests which was to die for. Scrambled eggs with Dubliner cheese, seasoned breakfast potatoes, scones, sauteed veggies, honey yogurt with granola, fresh fruit and juice, coffee, tea, and breakfast sausage; something for everyone! I've never had a better breakfast at any other hotel!

The owners of Turning Waters B&B are phenomenal and kind people who are always willing to help out. They even gave an overly generous discount off their normal rate because of the blizzard. As a recent college grad without a lot of money, it made a huge difference.

Their service was unparalleled and seriously unbelievable (in a good way)! They turned a horrible situation into an unforgettable, lovely experience, and I can't thank them and recommend them enough! My loved ones were equally thankful that they were there too, and that I was comfortable and safe from the storm thanks to them.

I will definitely be coming back, when the weather is more cooperative of course :)

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Brenda P, Owner at Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

WOW! Your kindness brought tears to my eyes. I’m a mother and I couldn’t imagine my son being frustrated and in your position and therefore instinct kicks in. To the credit of our neighbors at the hotel, they did what they could do and we are thankful for them. Let’s not forget the great guests from Iowa at that hotel who helped us pull your car out of the drifts. It was an unforgettable weekend of Grumpy Old Men Festival. We look forward to your return visit when the weather is warmer. Cheers to #minnesotanice during a horrible blizzard 2019. Brenda & Ford

Reviewed February 8, 2019

My wife and I stayed at this bed and Breakfast September 2018 for a weekend get away. The accommodations were comfortable and very relaxing. breakfast meals were delightful and well balanced. The The backyard brew pub is a great place to unwind after a day of local sight seeing. The owners Brenda and Ford go out of their way to make sure that you stay there is an enjoyable one. I highly recommend this place for anyone thinking about visiting the Wabasha area.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Brenda P, Owner at Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2019

Thank you! September/October during SeptOberfest is a fun time to visit our area too. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you around town again. Brenda & Ford

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at Turning Waters for our anniversary weekend getaway... Brenda and Ford were very gracious hosts. We enjoyed hanging out in the brewery, even had some friends stop by to have a couple drinks with us! Great location near Wabasha’s downtown area....perfect for walks to overlook the river. Turning waters is immaculate, comfortable and quiet! The gourmet breakfast was hearty and a lovely way to start the day! We will be staying again!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Happy Anniversary once again and thank you for celebrating with us. We look forward to sharing drinks with you on your next visit. Cheers Brenda & Ford

Reviewed February 8, 2019

Our children gave us a gift certificate for Christmas to attend a fun evening with music, food, and drink at Turning Waters B&B and Brewpub January 6th. We had a great time and stayed overnight in a very comfortable room. Breakfast was delicious and the hospitality is second to none! We will be staying again in the summer so we can enjoy all that Wabasha has to offer too!

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We appreciate you and look forward to your return visit. Maybe we will plan more live music when you come and definitely more great beer by Ford. Cheers Brenda & Ford