“Really? Being the 102nd person to critique a 5!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
Ranked #1 of 2 Wabasha B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well the good news must continue to travel so that everyone has the opportunity to experience what I did over Labor Day Weekend!

When I read over the Tripadvisor Reviews I had pretty much decided on where about I wanted to go as I had seen Turning Waters Web Site, but Tripadvisor was like the frosting on the cake. I read as many of the reviews as possible and got more excitted with every one!

What they say is all true. You are family, not a stranger. The breakfast is beyond gourmet. Richie and Michael are masters at what they do and I hope this endeavor shall go on forever as my best friend and I are making this an annual Labor Day Weekend Trip after one stay there. Please don't hesitate and book your vacation, stop-over or rest with the experts. "They do it best"

Jane and Paula

Room Tip: They have great smaller rooms for singles, but pick one of the suites for a couple or friends as the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Our recent two night stay at Turning Waters was very enjoyable. Michael, our host, was welcoming, gracious and prepared and served an excellent breakfast. Only two reasons I am not giving this a "5": the shower in our room (great lakes suite) was small and awkward (and I am not a big person) and the walls are a bit thin, reducing the feeling of privacy.
We cannot say enough about our optional guided kayak tour with Ryan! We paddled along a backwater slough of the Mississippi and all the while he shared his extensive knowledge of the area and wildlife. We saw many eagles and other wildlife. Plus he served us a gourmet appetizer at the turnaround point with tomatoes and basil grown in his own garden! Although you could glide along for periods of time, you do need to be in good physical shape to do this excursion (although no kayaking experience is necessary - Ryan made sure we were proficient before setting out).
Great wrap around porch for sitting/reading, good restaurant recommendations, great location just across the bridge, very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lee_and_Paul
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly appreciated our experience at Turning Waters! The house is beautiful and spacious, the room was comfortable and well-appointed and the food was superlative. What more could one hope for? Well, our hosts were also superlative, relaxed, but energized, interesting and well-travelled themselves. You will not be disappointed. And, don't miss the Eagle Center! We will be back.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the higher price!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great B&B!! Hosts are great. Rooms are comfortable, welcoming and clean. Breakfast is fabulous. Epic bacon. Masculine/adventure themed decor. Highly recommend staying here. Be sure to check out the National Eagle Center nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve M
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The folks invited us in like family. The house is large, well designed for comfort and relaxing or whatever. You feel as if you are getting away. The food was top notch, with plenty of variety. We slept comfortably, enjoyed the company of those in the house, and enjoyed hanging out in Wabasha. We would recommend this easily to friends and family.

Room Tip: The choice of rooms appeal for a particularly personal preference. Smaller rooms are available as we...
Reviewed August 13, 2013

rooms were beautiful and clean, breakfast was great and host was fun and hospitable. you could not ask for a better place to go! They also have kayaking, which we did not do this time, but are sure to next time.

Room Tip: River room was romantic and a peaceful
Reviewed August 11, 2013

For a B&B newbie, Turning Waters has set the bar high. Friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable hosts, exceptionally clean and tastefully (stunning) decorated rooms, and amazing breakfasts! As a person who likes to cook, I was picking apart the recipes to recreate at home. So Delicious! For our first trip to a B&B, we will use Turning Waters as the standard to which we compare others. Worth a visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure? Share your experiences!