“Loved it!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
Ranked #1 of 2 Wabasha B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my first time staying at a B&B. I could not have asked for a better experience! They were so welcoming!! They made me feel right at home. The house is so nicely decorated and warm feeling. Our room was was very comfortable and the entire place is very clean. I loved that they had our names our room's door. We were given free reign of anything in the refrigerator at anytime and told to make ourselves at home in any of the common rooms. We were in town for one night and we had some questions about local attractions. Michael, Rich and Patsy were in the kitchen having their own dinner and were more than happy to let us interrupt them and ask as many questions about the area and provide us with their opinions on places we could go for dinner. Their breakfast was delicious! I look forward to going back there and think it will be very difficult for another B&B to beat this first experience for me.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The staff I work with rented the whole house for an evening. Michael said we had free reign in the kitchen the evening we were there. Everything was so relaxing and low key. Accommodations were beautiful and clean. I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and this was one of the first non "flowery" inns. The breakfast was delicious. We appreciated the local food, etc. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed 3 nights in Turning Water's River Room, and we loved every minute of it. The room was fresh, beautiful, and cozy, and the bedding was super-comfy. The breakfasts were delicious and different every morning--everything from portabella mushrooms with eggs, kale, and goat cheese to yogurt and granola to freshly made scones to these banana bread chocolate chip pancakes topped with fresh fruit and nuts. I am seriously getting hungry just writing this review. The hosts--Michael, Patsy, and Richie--were incredibly friendly, relaxed, and flexible with our schedule. The only downside was that we had hoped to do a kayaking adventure while we were there, and Michael really tried to make it work, but the weather was not in our favor. We had a great stay and look forward to returning someday!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

It felt like home the moment we walked through the door and continued when we left two days later. The River Room Suite was so relaxing during our stay. The bed was so comfortable. We so enjoyed leisurely touring the Great River Road areas. Breakfast was a hoot with a farm table full of guests from all walks of life. The conversation just flowed. The breakfasts were first class. Thank you Michael and Patsy for making it all so special.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spent the past weekend in the Coniferous Suite at the Turning Waters Bed and Breakfast in Wabasha, MN. Our hosts, Michael and Patsy, were very welcoming and made us feel right at home. Our suite was very comfortable and homey, and with snow in April, we made use of the fireplace in our room - very nice! Breakfasts were great! Michael prepared wonderful feasts to linger over. The living areas are comfortable and we felt comfortable making ourselves at home after a fun day of Eagle watching and sight seeing.

We highly recommend Turning Waters!

1  Thank Marge E
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My husband and I chose the River Room Suite for a weekend stay. This is an old Victorian house renovated to be very contemporary, which turned out beautifully. Bedding was so comfortable. I had asked about breakfast in our room which was no problem at all. Only drawback here was no table/chairs in the room to sit at. This was truly minor. Food was brought up on a nice stand and there is comfy seating in the room. We chose to eat in the dining room on the second morning which was great too.

Michael was a personable, generous host. The best thing about the whole weekend were the breakfasts! These were some of the best we've ever had and we've probably been to close to a hundred B and B's. Creme brulee oatmeal, gorgeous fresh fruit, sausages to die for, and cinnamon twist bacon. MMMMM Also fresh organic milk and juice to wash it all down.

There were only two things I would suggest for improvement and these are relatively minor. This B and B does not have satellite/cable. I would presume this is to promote a relaxing stay- which worked for us- but we also like to be able to watch TV in quiet without the kids interrupting. (This is only our personal preference.) The other thing which might be beyond their control is that we were able to hear everything going on downstairs from in our room. Most likely the result of the old house where everything echoes throughout. However we weren't able to hear other rooms. Go figure. Neither of these things hindered our weekend and I would most DEFINITELY go back for another stay.

I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone looking for quality time together or just an overall quiet, relaxing, getaway. One of our best weekends away!

1  Thank amzehm
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This B & B was a real gem. Great 100 year old house (or there about) that has been decorated beautifully and very tastefully. We stayed in the Great Lakes Suite and were very impressed with the huge 4-poster bed. Amazing! The food was outstanding and Richie was a wonderful host-- very personable, friendly, and very accommodating. We will be staying again I'm sure.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure? Share your experiences!