“Perfect for an overnight/weekend get away from the Twin Cities”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wabasha
Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure
Ranked #1 of 2 Wabasha B&B and Inns
Golden Valley, Minnesota
“Perfect for an overnight/weekend get away from the Twin Cities”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for our Anniversary and it was even better than we expected! Richie is great, and as a young owner, has redefined the B&B business with his charm, design style for the house, and AMAZING creative breakfast. We appreciated all the little details that most places would not take the time to do. We stayed in the Coniferous Suite and it was perfect, with a super comfortable bed, great Aveda products and beautifully decorated! The morning breakfast was delicious with a unique sweet “twist” on bacon, a delicious banana, bacon & chocolate chip “pancake”, etc. etc. We are planning our next stay there in a few months, and we HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place to others as well as a place most males would truly appreciate!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Coniferous room which was the only room with a fireplace!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Cresco, Iowa
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband & I stayed at Turning Waters this weekend and loved it! The house is beautiful! Richie goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. We stayed in the Coniferous Master Suite, The room was perfect! We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Turning Waters for a one-night getaway from the Twin Cities, and we were quickly converted into big fans! Richie, Michael, and Patsy are warm, open-hearted hosts, and everything about the home itself is warm as well - thoughtfully decorated with elaborate woodwork and comfortable beds. And a seriously delicious breakfast! Turning Waters is a peaceful, inviting choice for a retreat with your sweetie, or your family, or your meditation group, or your team at work... enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramsey, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Everything was great! Breakfast, nice place to sleep and close to everything you need in Wabasha. Everything is within a 5 minute walk, food, drink, bowling and the Eagle Center. Richie, Michael and Patsy took very good care of us and we really enjoyed our stay. The best part for my son and I was the kayaking trip. It was awesome and my son said it was his best birthday ever. I would have never thought I'd go kayaking in November in MN. But we did and we both really enjoyed it. Richie guided us across the Mississippi into the backwaters on the WI side of the river. Excellent job! We really enjoyed our stay at Turning Waters.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I are in a Minnesota for a few weeks so that I can undergo medical treatment at the Mayo Clinic. We decided to take a mini-vacation for the weekend to see the Mississippi River Valley. After we saw the rave reviews for Turning Waters in Tripadvisor, we called and were lucky enough to find a vacancy. The place is charming and expertly run by Richie, Michael, and Patsy, three twenty-somethings who turned out to be some of the best bed and breakfast operators we have ever met. We instantly felt at home. After a glass of wine, we took a walk through the town's main street that run's alongside the river. It looks like a movie set from an old western. Breakfast was amazing, including fresh eggs from the chicken coop out back. This is a place I would strongly recommend for a wonderful weekend escape.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Peter, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2012

When I first met Richie, who along with his friend Michael run Turning Waters, I thought, could someone this young manage all the details of a B&B? I soon found out the answer to that question was a resounding YES! From taking on the house's pre-B&B renovations to cooking the delicious and substantial breakfast, all the details are superbly covered. The real highlight though was how open and welcoming not only Richie and Michael were but their charming, small group of friends who add to the warmth and pleasure of this place.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We visited for a night in the fall and every moment exceeded our expectations. The house is gorgeous, an old memory restored to beauty. The bed was incredibly comfortable and piled high with downy blankets. All of my favorites within walking distance - coffee, ice cream, the river. Thanks for a great getaway! We'll definitely return soon!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wabasha
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Lake City
Sunrise Inn
Sunrise Inn
#1 of 2 in Mondovi
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wabasha

Been to Turning Waters Bed, Breakfast and Adventure? Share your experiences!