“Good bar food”

Sawmill Saloon Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Virginia
Cuisines: American
Description: The Sawmill Saloon has been serving the best food and drinks in the Virginia area for more than 30 years. Over time, we have perfected a consistent approach to customer service that offers our patrons great value for money in a comfortable yet fun atmosphere. Next time you're near Virginia, give us a holler.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've eaten here several times while visiting on business. The pizza is o.k. but I like the wings. There are several big screens to watch sporting events and it gets quite busy after 6 p.m. I'll continue to come here when I'm in town.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Food, service and drinks all just ok. Atmosphere is a bit loud and obnxious. This is a place we try on occassion, but normally avoid. Prices are high - I would recommend Adventures right next door for real quality service, drinks and food. (Along with a really good happy hour!)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I travel in my work and often eat alone. Sometimes I just want to eat and watch some sports and be left alone. A regular sit-down restaurant is boring so often I'll eat at a sports bar. I've been to the Sawmill several times and have not been disappointed. Its maybe a little pricey, I usually can't get out for less than $35 to $42 but I've gotten burgers, steak, pizza, and spaghetti. Thursdays are a steak special which is great, I think Tuesday is buy one get one free for burgers, and Sunday pizza is half price. Someone bragged about their pizza so I got it on a Sunday. It was very good, but not great, certainly not worth the regular price, but for 1/2 price on Sunday was worth it. Good selection of beers on tap and I usually get craft beers. So if you want a generic you can get out cheaper. Plenty of large screen TVs but wish I could hear them. Sound is turned off so they came pay music which is OK.
I'll definitely be back as it seems to be the biggest and best sports bar around here, service has always been good and nobody bothers me. I'll keep trying some other places, but save yourself some $$ and get the daily special until you learn what you like. Plenty of choices, and they even have billiards upstairs, live music, karaoke sometimes. Something for everyone

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was a fun Bar/restaurant. Friendly staff, very good food, plenty of TVs for sports, and not too loud.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The Sawmill Saloon is a well-known stopping point and meeting place for both hometown Iron Rangers and those just traveling through. As a restaurant, the Sawmill is average - standard menu items (very good pizza, by the way!). There is sit-down dining on one side and bar seating on the other. Also an upper level with pool tables and space that can be rented for private events. The Sawmill is popular as a happy hour and evening destination - friendly waitstaff and bartenders. In the summer, seating is available on the front porch. Located right on Highway 53, it's a popular stopping point for travelers, too. True to its name, the Sawmill pays tribute to the region's timber history with its interior decor and overall look.