“I stay here a lot and love it.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pine View Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Virginia
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States
“I stay here a lot and love it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am from Virginia and since my folks moved out of their home, my siblings and I have stayed here countless times. The rooms are untra clean and it's a great value! The staff has always been super friendly. You can walk next door to a breakfast cafe and they also have coffee and pastries in the front lobby. I love that the old Ski-View Motel has survivied and I like supporting the local business owners rather than the chain motels. If you like saunas, let them know and they'll fire it up! Two Thumbs up!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ann G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Orr, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

For a recent high school reunion, several classmates and I decided to stay here. We were pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was. This property has existed in Virginia for many, many years, and I had my doubts when we booked it. The rooms are very basic and old-style motel rooms, but the cleanliness was very impressive.

There is a second story with stairs (no elevator) leading to it. If you book in advance and don't want to lug your cases up the stairs, you should request the ground floor.

If I needed to stay in Virginia again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maude59
Middletown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Our Scouting crew stopped over at this hotel on our way from Minneapolis, MN to Northern Tier (Atikokan Base). The hotel was reasonably priced, extremely clean, and about halfway between MSP and the high adventure base. Our youth crew members enjoyed the continental breakfast, and the service and rooms were excellent.

Room Tip: The suites are a great deal for multiple scouts.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rick R
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Room was small but simple and clean. Window unit A/C unit in wall was poor and seemed to have had thermostat rigged to stay off more than needed to cool the room especially at night. Sounds strange but true. Parking lot is inadequate and we were blocked in by parked trucks w/boats. The office lady was inhospitable & less than welcoming. Average rate bargain at best. Won't stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here several times while doing work in the area. The folks at the desk have always been warm and friendly. They are very accommodating when I've asked to be placed somewhere quiet (I have to get up very early.). The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. In all my travels for work around the state, I stay in a lot of "budget" motels. This motel is high on my list for comfort and value.

• Stayed June 2011
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is an older motel that has been in Virginia as long as I remember --that's getting to be a long time! The room was very pleasant and very reasonably priced. The carpet had been recently shampooed. I don't think they ever shampoo them in some of the fancier hotels I've stayed in! The bathroom had older style decor, but was very clean also. No sloppy paint jobs or loose tiles as I've seen in a lot of more expensive hotels. I'd stay there again. It's off the highway and in a quiet neighborhood. The road it is on used to be Hwy 53 through Virginia until they built the bypass. The motel is much better maintained that most of the "chain" motels I've stayed at.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IngaMari
Northfield, Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I visit my 92 year old Mother that resides at the Virginia Hospital. One concern I never have is lodging, since I always call in advance and get a nice clean room for the most reasonable price. The rooms are clean, well maintained, and above all the friendly staff has always insured me a quiet/safe place for me to rest after a busy day. Good people to do business with. I am looking forward to my next stay, (tomorrow), and after staying at the much pricier places I can honestly say Pine View puts them all to shame. If you need a good nights rest and want to spend the money you save on maybe ordering Daves pizza or a box of Canelake's chocolates as a thank you gift for someone back home, (both very good choices for Iron Range specialties), The Pine View Inn will help you do just that. Enjoy your stay... I am certain I will. (Smile)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Virginia
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Virginia
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge
Lakeshore Motor Inn
Lakeshore Motor Inn
#1 of 4 in Virginia

Been to Pine View Inn? Share your experiences!