AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors
Country Inn of Two Harbors(Two Harbors)(Great Value!)
$104
Grand Superior Lodge(Two Harbors)(Great Value!)
$170
  • Pool
Voyageur Motel(Two Harbors)
$84
Superior Shores Resort(Two Harbors)(Great Value!)
$159
Orbitz.com
Lake Breeze Motel Resort(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
Cove Point Lodge(Beaver Bay)(Great Value!)
$199
Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark(Duluth)
$118
$94
$85
Beacon Pointe Resort(Duluth)(Great Value!)
$199
$169
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool areafront deskyogurtnorth shorehot and cold choicesi highly recommend this hotelking whirlpool suiteroom was cleanwaffle makerpool and hot tubvery nice hotelmorning breakfastno elevatorsausage gravybreakfast was deliciouswould stay here againcouple of nights
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I wrote a letter on this one June 23rd 2012

Overall nice stay, but maybe could have flexed more on billing.

Roughly what my letter said, elaborated a bit for non-involved readers understanding...

AmericInn,

I was recently up in Two Harbors for work. I stayed at the AmericInn there.

My boss had us schedule rooms for six nights.

I know there is a 24 hour cancellation fee by the letter of the contract. That, is that.

We finished early Friday and got back to the hotel about 3:30pm Sundown up there is about 10:00pm this time of year.

My family and I vacation in northern Minnesota frequently.

I know it becomes extremely difficult to rent a room on the weekend.

I feel a little taken advantage of because when I went and collected my things from my room it was nicely cleaned as it had been all week.

If I was a betting man, I’d bet that my room and those of my two colleagues were rented out and your company collected twice on those rooms, once from us and once from later guests.

I feel taken advantage of. I was told that since the card transaction had gone through that they couldn’t refund. I get refunds on my credit cards all of the time.

You can probably find my write-up on Trip Advisor on the Grand Rapids AmericInn location. That was an exceptionally nice stay.

Now I come home and open my email to find offers for “You stay, We pay!”

-Lawnmower going till 10:15 at night, really, I timed it, OK, grass needs to be cut.
-Harley dudes wandering the halls pounding on doors after 8:30pm, GREAT, I like bikers!
-Have to leave for work before “Free” Continental breakfast – oh well, that is what granola bars are for.
-Hot rods, pick-up trucks, and semis leaving the gas station next door at full throttle through the night – small town America at its best.

My feeling have just gotten a little more hurt at not getting let off the hook for at least part of the bill this time - and then receiving this email.

Bill

Room Tip: There is a laundry at the opposite end of the hall from the office, that was a nice touch. See if you can get a room on the north side. It has a cemetery, much quieter than the gas station.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Bill H
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We headed up north for a long weekend to do some sight-seeing and relaxing. The staff at the AmericInn was extremely helpful for ideas of places to visit and eat. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the Two Harbors area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mmh18
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Thank your for your possitive comments after your recent stay in Two Harbors. We look forward to being able to accomodate you again in the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay - great service, great food!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Judy172
AmericInnTHGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

Two Harbors is beautiful with lots to do, and this hotel is decent. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable, and it is clean. We wanted a later check out time than 11am, but they couldn't accommodate us, even though the hotel was nearly empty. The pool area is nice and clean, and has a hot tub and sauna. The pool temperature was warm. The breakfast is terrible, but the same as every other AmericInn: rubbery hard-boiled eggs, dry tasteless danishes, yogurt, make-your-own waffles, toast, cereal, juice and coffee. They have coffee available in the lobby all the time. I got some tea around 10pm, and the water was nice and hot. We stay at AmericInn's often because my kids love the pool, but this was the most expensive one. We paid $125/night for a standard room with two queen beds. This is during the off-season. During the summer, this same room goes up to $189/night which is ridiculous. There are bed and breakfasts in the area that are nicer and cheaper. And Duluth is only a 20 minute drive away with lots of hotel options. We have family in the area and stay often, but won't be returning to this AmericInn. I usually choose this chain because the hotels are quiet and a good value. This particular hotel is quiet, but there are better hotels to stay in for the same price.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

A great experience, we asked for an upgrade and they granted us a suite. We enjoyed the fireplace an hot tub. The staf was friendly, the pool was warm, the breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family