“Solid pie and ice cream”
Review of Betty's Pies

Betty's Pies
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

We have always gone to Pie Place in Grand Marais, but since they just do catering now, we decided to try Betty's. We stopped in around 4 pm so it wasn't too busy and we got a table right away. I ordered the Great Lakes crunch and my husband got strawberry rhubarb, both a la mode. When it came out, the waitress apologized for mine being such a small piece even though it seemed huge to me! Both pies were great, and the huge scoop of vanilla ice cream was good too. We had big cups of coffee which were fine. All in all, not the best pie I've had but really good and worth a stop. I'm curious if the diner food is good - will have to try it another time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Love Betty's Pies! It's a great place to get great food as well as stretch your legs on the way to Tofte,Lutsen or Grand Marais. Delicious combination of flakey buttery crust with amazing sweet fruit inside.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

We heard a lot about this place before we visited. Everyone said, "go to Betty's Pies", so of course we had to obey. We only ordered pie to go, so I don't have anything to say about rest of the food. We ate the caramel apple while sitting outside. It was good, but not the best I've ever had. We brought home bumbleberry, and banana cream. Banana cream is one of my favorites, but this was not my favorite. The crust was excellent. The 'cream' was very bland, and left an oily feeling in my mouth and there was very little banana. The cream, did not taste like banana, or anything for that matter. The baked BUMBLEBERRY was fantastic! Tart like it should be and stuffed full of filling! The line to sit down and eat was long, 25 minute wait. If you only want pie, step up to the back counter in the entry, and you can order slices or whole pies. Luckily we only waited 10 minutes before we overheard you could order your pie at the other counter. Cute little place, but I've had much better pie.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Stopped for a slice of pie before dinner on our way up to the light house. Our waitress was very social and cheerful. We ordered bumble berry and caramel apple pie with ice cream with coffee and root beer. The coffee was really good and it was a nice touch that they offer flavored creamers. The pies were amazing but there are seeds in the bumble berry pie from the raspberry's.

My husband seriously considered doing the challenge. Three slices of pie with four scoops of ice cream in 15 mins. You get a t-shirt. He said next time for sure.

Reviewed September 11, 2017

If you have the time in your trip to relax and wait (and when visiting Lake Superior you better), then Betty's should be part of your trip.

We ate a late lunch in here and despite waiting almost an hour for a table we would do it again. Most in our party ordered the special which is a generous and delicious "salad" sandwich (chicken, egg, or tuna. Each was ordered by someone in the group and each was enjoyed) a small side, and a slice of pie for $9. A bargain for sure. I ordered the pasty and it was very acceptable.

While you are going to be tempted by the cream pies, and they are delicious, I can't say enough good things about the fruit pies. Do yourself a "flavor" (yes, pun intended) and order one of the mixed fruit pies.