“Grabbed pie to go - loved it.”
Review of Betty's Pies

Betty's Pies
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Mankato, Minnesota
“Grabbed pie to go - loved it.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We didn't pass by Betty's at meal time but couldn't pass up the opportunity for pie. Mom had banana cream and I got the Butterfinger pie. Good stuff! Never miss Betty's when we're Up North.

• Visited August 2014

Andover
“Good, not great”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Stopped at Betty's because my Finnish blood honed in on the pasties that were on the menu. I wasn't impressed with either the size or the quality of the pasty I ordered, but my husband and son did enjoy the broasted chicken. The bumbleberry pie was yummy and so was the toffee pie. If I did return, it wouldn't be for the pasties.

Visited August 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Good Food, Good Pie, Great Cinnamon Roll”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Betty's is just north of Two Harbors and is very popular with tourists. We ate lunch here during a vacation to the Duluth area. We waited about 30 minutes to be seated (pretty typical) and both had the 2-piece broasted chicken. The chicken was good, but my white/dark mix included a wing so small I could't believe it was being served. The real reason you come to Betty's is for pie. My wife had French Blueberry, while I had Bumbleberry, Great Lakes, and Blueberry/Peach. The blueberry pies weren't great--they were much too sweet and tasted like the blueberry pie filling you can buy at the local grocer. The Bumbleberry and Great Lakes pies, however, were excellent. They were tart (but not too much so) with a very well done crust. If you find yourself in the neighborhood, definitely stop here and get some pie. And, by the way, the cinnamon rolls (my spouse is a cinnamon roll snob) are fantastic here.

Visited July 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A Must Stop”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Busy as usual, but the food and service makes it worth a visit. We happened to be in when Betty was at next table. She is celebrating 90th Birthday. Had a recent fall, so hope she gets well.

• Visited August 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good Pie, worth a stop.”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Betty is celebrating 90 years this year. The pies are pretty darn good. We had apple, great lakes (mixed fruit), 5 layer chocolate, and lemon angel. Price is $4.00 slice. The crust if it had butter was not much so I am wagering mostly shortening. Lemon angel has a meringue crust. That is a nice touch. The place is a jam packed, clean and friendly gold mine. We had to wait 15 minutes just to get our order to go. It was double and triple that time for a table. The place is legendary. It is worth a stop. Would I go again? Yes.

Visited August 2014