“A must stop place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

We've passed this place on our last 3 trips to the boundary waters. It is always packed however this time we stopped. The 35 minute wait was SO WORTH IT. Wish we stopped years ago . You must have a piece of their pie !!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,159)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We visited here on our honeymoon, and I decided to try to eat the Pig Trough in 20 minutes to attempt to win a free t-shirt. It was three pieces of pie, four scoops of ice cream, a banana, and a whole lot of whipped cream and chocolate. Our waitress was rushed and not very enthusiastic about me trying the challenge, and bluntly stated that I had 20 minutes, and I'd better eat it all. When I finished she didn't offer any congratulations or show any enthusiasm. Just said, "Ok, I'll get your shirt. Here is your bill." It was almost like she was put out that I was attempting the challenge. The pies were good, but it would have been a lot more fun if she would have just been friendly.
The only way I finished was because of my beautiful wife's encouragement!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stopped and had two pieces of warm pie with ice cream. Lots of choices of most fruit pies. Very tasty but cannot really say it is any better than lots of other pies I have tasted. Nice service in a clean restaurant. Lots of off street parking.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great food and great view of the lake! Betty's has more kinds of pies than I have even seen anywhere! Only problem we had was choosing from all those pies on the list!

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch on our break from hiking. Service, lunch and pie was perfect! I loved the pie so much I bought their cookbook. Our two kids were even gushing over the delicious lunch and dessert! We will be back.