“terrible Mexican buffet”

Splashing Rock Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
MA
“terrible Mexican buffet”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We tried the all you can eat Mexican buffet and there wasn't a single dish that was even remotely Mexican. The restaurant has beautiful views of the lake though so go for a drink (but don't order a margarita, they have no idea how to make it).

Visited June 2013
1 Thank viajerasalexigente

“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The atmosphere was fantastic! Best view on lake superior! The food was amazing, I had the apple brie chicken; which was cooked perfectly! Their home made pie could easily compete with betty's pies. The service was phenominal! The servers had a great sense of humor and made it fun for the whole family!

• Visited June 2013
“Awesome pie! - fresh, local, sustainable cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I tried the new pie and desserts they have stepped it up. Im really excited for the next my next stop in. I love the locally caught lake superior trout, and the gluten free options are a nice touch. I can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sizzlingfoodguy
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Hopeless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We aeeived at about 9:30am during breakfast service which lasts until 11am. There were three people in the dining room. I asked whether toast was included in one of the breakfasts; the server said he thought so. I asked to confirm with the kitchen which he eventually did. We ordered two breakfasts, both with extra crispy hashbrowns.. After about fifteen minutes the cook emerged to exchange conversation with one of the three guests. He then dutifully returned to the kitchen. On half hour later the waiter brought those breakfasts: the hash browns were not crispy, they were mostly raw potatoes. I enquired why we waited for 45 minutes for two breakfasts off the menu and the waiter informed me that they had been busy with the two bables ahead of us. If you are staying at the lodge avoid this place at all costs. Drive to Twin Harbors for breakfast or even Duluth.

• Visited May 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

The food was absolutely delicious, and the service was amazing! We were there during April, which is a quieter season for the North Shore, so we were the only people dinning in Splashing Rock at the time we were there, but our waiter was wonderful and attentive. The food was outrageously good!! I had the cedar planked Salmon, and my boyfriend had the Brie Apple Chicken - both amazing! They were great about making substitutions for sides we wanted to try! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone passing by!

Visited April 2013