“Not quite up to snuff”

Ranked #18 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The restaurant has great views but not great food. The soup had been reheated in the microwave till it was burning hot and the same with the decaf coffee. The staff was very friendly though.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate ther 2 dinners and a breakfast. Also loved the Almond Latte's as the sun went down. Had to try something called "Wild Boar Bangers" throw in red cabbage and Spaetzle. Delicious.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed at Grand Superior Lodge had the pleasure of dining in their restaurant for a few meals.
Breakfast was my favorite! We sat out on the deck and enjoyed the beautiful view of lake superior. I had the Walleye Benedict and my husband had the honey ham and hash. Both were delicious!
We also came in for dinner and drinks and had a great time chatting with our bartender Justin.
The restaurant had fitting decor and friendly efficient staff. Everyone working there seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. What a fun place. We'll be back for sure.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We went to Splashing Rock for dinner the first night we arrived at Grand Superior Lodge (for our honeymoon) and were extremely dissatisfied with everything.

The restaurant was pretty slow (5-6 tables while we were there) but we had very slow service. There were dirty dishes literally everywhere.

I ordered fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken and a side salad. My salad dressing was good. I didn't receive the rice baguette that was supposed to come with the meal. About half of my noodles were hard and brown. The chicken looked like pork. It was leathery, hard and dry - almost looked as though it was cooked, cut into slices and left under the heater for hours, before making it to my entree. My husband ordered the Whiskey Marinated New York Strip with a salad. His salad was also pretty good. Unfortunately, that was the best part. His potatoes had no flavor. His steak was a whole different story. It was 90% fat. He got about 4 bites of actual meat out of it.

The overall best part of this experience was that we had four drink coupons to use, that we got from our lodge reservation. Thank god.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant has a gorgeous view of the lake, but the inside is a bit more suited to a classy sports bar. The prices are really high for the area ($18+/entree), and it just doesn't fit the decor - at least during the day time. The evening ambiance may be a bit different, as I only went in during the day. I actually can't comment on the price of the food, as I walked out once I saw the prices on the menu :-s