“Awesome food!”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Great food and great atmosphere - there were 8 of us (5 adults, 3 kids) and we didn't have to wait super long for our food and our waitress was awesome!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Let me start of by saying this place should not even be open for business. I went with my family to eat lunch, and we ended up leaving in the middle of it. I ordered their walleye cakes and I found two long pieces of hair in them. When I told the server about them she picked them up off the table, and said "Well I know those are not mine". She then rolled them up into a ball and dropped them on the floor. A new order came hair free... Then our entrees came and let me just say I found another hair in my food. That is three too many! What is going on in that kitchen! I looked at my family members and it was decided we will get out of here as soon as possible. Furthermore to sum up our dinner, when the waitress brought over our bill she picked her nose! who does that in a restaurant environment? Needless to say this will be the first and last trip to the Rustic Inn. Management really needs to be on the floor and be proactive in the training of staff. This is the worst dining experience of my Life. My suggestion: Skip the Rustic and head over to Ledge Rock Grille or Splashing Rock.

4  Thank Ribeyescomerolled
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We decided to eat at the Rustic Inn rather than have the breakfast buffet at our hotel. What a great choice. Their breakfast menu is delightful. I had the Avocado, Tomatoe, Bacon and Cheese Omlett that came with perfect hashbrowns, toast and some yummy homemade jam. Great coffee served in Rustic Inn mugs. Fast service and friendly staff. Prices were good too.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We have eaten here before and it was always good, but this last time it was terrible. We ordered walleye cakes and they were all bread and too fishy, ( I know it is fish, but walleye usually has a delicate taste) the wild rice meatloaf was so salty we couldn't eat it. The mashed potatoes were ok, and the fresh white fish was very small and not that good. The bill surprised us that it was so high. We will not be eating here again.

3  Thank Annie C
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant on the North Shore. It doesn't look like much from the outside; it's an old log cabin that was moved from across the street. On the inside it has more of a cabin feeling than a diner. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and have never been disappointed. For breakfast I can never choose between the wild rice french toast or the loggers skillet with Italian sausage. The dinners there are very high quality food. And it's prepared from scratch in the back. I enjoy the meatloaf for dinner. The owners work there and the service is always good.

This is across the street from Cascade Lodge and is way better dinning.

3  Thank Jeff T