“Excellent cooking from scratch”

The Rustic Inn Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a gem of a restaurant on the North Shore. It doesn't look like much from the outside; it's an old log cabin that was moved from across the street. On the inside it has more of a cabin feeling than a diner. I've eaten breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and have never been disappointed. For breakfast I can never choose between the wild rice french toast or the loggers skillet with Italian sausage. The dinners there are very high quality food. And it's prepared from scratch in the back. I enjoy the meatloaf for dinner. The owners work there and the service is always good.

This is across the street from Cascade Lodge and is way better dinning.

3  Thank Jeff T

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We were a large group and with reservations were easily accomdated. Excellent service and a very wide variety of food choices. Good children's menu.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

On a scenic trip up the north shore we stopped to have some lunch. This is a busy place during the summer tourist season. You are greated by the fresh baked goods at the counter as you walk in which look delicious. The menu has a good variety of items and everything I saw come out of the kitchen looked very good. All of the meals have a nice presentation about them more than your typical roadside restaurant. I had the wild rice meatloaf with mashed potatoes and gravy. The meatloaf was really good and the mashed potatoes are probably the best that I have ever had. I will be back for sure.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had breakfast at the Rustic Inn while vacationing on the North Shore -- I am a connoisseur of the breakfast sandwich and this was THE BEST I have ever had. Served on grilled ciabatta bread, everything perfect. My partner had "porridge", basically oatmeal/wild rice/cranberries . . . . wonderful. OJ was fair. Did not have coffee. Service was fine but it was 10AM, off season, so few diners.

Will definitely go back.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

An essential part of any trip to the Minnesota North Shore is a stop for lunch or dinner at the Rustic Inn Cafe. Great comfort food including open face hot roast beef sandwich with REAL mashed potatoes - meat loaf - hamburgers - or fresh fish from Lake Superior! But the real star of the Rustic Inn are the home made pies! The blueberry pie I had was the BEST I had ever eaten. We bought whole apple, raspberry and blackberry pies to eat during our stay on Lake Superior and we're not disappointed with any of the pies - they were all wonderful! You will never eat another Betty's Pies after you have had one from the Rustic Inn!