“First time ever I left a restaurant thirsty and did not leave a tip.”

The Rustic Inn Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The service was beyond terrible. We ordered an appetizer and as we always do initially held our lunch order for a while because so often the appetizer arrives at the same time dinner does if you don’t. Well after 20 minutes of nothing we thought it would be safe to put in our sandwich order. Big surprise the appetizer arrived 30 seconds before our sandwiches.

I might have been able to live with that had it not been a 45 minute wait to get them and had my hot lunch plate not been room temp and obviously sitting on a counter for quite some time. Both sandwitches were dry and had sat out for some time. Sad to say I was not able to do anything about it because the waitress never came to check on us.

It has potential with some interesting bread and dessert choices but overall the food was bad and the service the worse! Oh and we were there at 2 in the afternoon on a Monday so they are not at all busy.

1  Thank Jim S

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I had lunch here while on a trip to Grand Marais. The food was very good and quite plentiful. I had the meatloaf with gravy. My wife had a walleye lunch which she rated as good. This is a wonderful stop for lunch. The bar looks quite interesting although we didn't stop in.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We drive up from Stillwater regularly to eat at the Rustic Inn. It is our favorite restaurant. Roast beef is very tender, delicious, melts in your mouth! The pies are homemade daily and incredibly good. Staff works very hard to make everyone happy. Owner Beth goes beyond the call of duty to run a first-class restaurant. Homemade chocolates are to die for, gift shop is so fun - how many people can say they have a "Castle Danger" sweatshirt?

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had stopped at a restaurant in Two Harbors and were thoroughly disappointed and left without eating. We decided we'd come here since we always have had great breakfasts and lunches (if you can get a table). We were surprised that at 10 am it was only about 1/2 full. The food and service was great as usual! We didn't have the pie but we have in the past. Still the best looking pie on the North Shore!!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant. We arrived at 1 PM on a Saturday afternoon and still had a 45 minute wait. The food was good - I had the Rueben sandwich and it was excellent. My mom ordered the Shepard's Pie and said it was the best Shepard's Pie she has ever had. However, the bloody mary I ordered was terrible due to the spices used. We also ordered 2 pies to go. The apple pie was great but the cherry pie was so sour, that we had to sprinkle sugar on it to be able to eat it.