“Tasty but...”

The Rustic Inn Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Tasty but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived at 4:30 pm on a weeknight and was offered a lunch menu, although others around me were offered a dinner menu. I didn't mind it so much but certainly wondered why. I had the buffalo roast which was tasty, and along with the mashed potatoes certainly sufficient. I wondered if I got the luncheon portion or a dinner portion. What really threw me was when I received the bill - a gin & tonic was listed as a "premium drink" and charged $6.25!

1 Thank Jeanne W

Maribel, Wi, Usa
“I expected more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited on a Saturday in mid-September. Arriving at 1:30 PM, we didn't expect to have to wait 20+ minutes just to sit down. We then had to wait way too long at every turn - to order, to get our food, to get our check, and even to pay!. When I got my walleye cakes, the menu said it would be on focaccia, but it looked more like Texas toast - almost 2" thick! The walleye cakes were good, but meager, and my sweet potato fries were just plain cold. For four of us, it took almost 2 hours from the time we arrived, and not because we were sitting around gabbing. For the prices we paid, I expected much more. I am not inclined to go here again.

1 Thank Joel T
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Not that great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We ate here for lunch. We had to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. A few people in my group had a hard time finding something they liked on the lunch menu. They don't have normal fries, only sweet potato fries, otherwise you can get a salad. The salad was ok, nothing special. It had these weird onions on it that no one in our group liked. The pulled pork sandwich was really good, but would have been nice with a side of actually fries. We got 2 pieces of pie to go. Pie was good, but I guess we all expected more. Seemed pricey for what you get. There is also a shop in the restaurant that has a lot of touristy gifts. Also a display of chocolates and other desserts in the restaurant. Staff was friendly and place is pretty small and gets pretty busy. We may try this place again but for breakfast only.

• Visited August 2013
Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
“Amazing Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Husband and I ate here for breakfast on a Tuesday morning. We were the first ones in free try opened so things were very quiet and service was quick and friendly.

Breakfast menu was a wide selection of the usual breakfast dishes. The food came out super quickly and it was great. Usually breakfast food is so overly greasy. This was not. We enjoyed every bite.

I'd definitely recommend this place for breakfast. Food is just right and service is quick and friendly.

Oakdale, MN
“Rustic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Terrific food. Our favorite restaurant. Pie is perfect and the food is plentiful and good. We love it there.

Visited September 2013