“OMG”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

OMG! This place was awesome. Anyone that has a problem with this place is a dope and you are the problem, not the Inn. We are on a family vacation. We were promptly seated. The staff was very friendly. The kids had the noodles with cheese. They loved it. The wife and I had wild rice meatloaf. It was simply perfect. We also had onion rings, and a local lager they serve. The wife liked them, but the kids and I didn't care for the breading, plus I am not a deep fried type of guy to start with. OMG, the pie was worth the extra 1000 calories. The pie WAS the best I have ever had, no joke. I will not think twice coming here again!

1  Thank Gasman51442
There are newer reviews for The Rustic Inn Cafe

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We dine at the Rustic Inn about as often as we go to nearby Splitock lighthouse and Gooseberry State Park. The food is always good. One of my favorite meals is their turkey, bacon and avocado wrap with a side caesar salad. Their pies are the best. The atmosphere is comfortable, in an attractive dining area with a view of the lake.

1  Thank Will S
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped for lunch and were overwhelmed. The lunch special included a cup of minestrone, a huge 1/2 sandwich on incredible whole wheat bread, a drink, and... did I mention a piece of pie? Raspberry rhubarb--oh my goodness! Not sweet with flaky crust. The staff are exceptional as well. Bought a loaf of cranberry-wild rice bread to take home. And of course the bread was still warm having just come out of the oven. Deserves its top rating!

1  Thank Jmwinkworth
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Started with the Walleye cakes and a beer from the local Castle Danger brewery. Both were excellent. For my entree I had the Walleye Picatta with Horseradish mash potatoes and grilled asparagus. Very nice! Best meal I've ever had on the North Shore.

Comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. The staff was very helpful; knew the menu well and provided great service.

This is a small cafe with homemade food and family owned. If you're in a hurry like a couple of the reviewers here, stop at McDonalds in town. If you're ready for a great meal in a relaxed environment stop at the Rustic Inn, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stopped by during a snowstorm, and we were the only ones there. Great food... The Walleye cakes were excellent. Everything freshly made. Would recommend.