“Average”

The Rustic Inn Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
minnesota
“Average”
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed across the street at the Grand Superior Lodge. We didn't have a lot of dinning choices on the North Shore this time of year. We ate here once during our 5 day stay. I had an open face Beef Sandwich. It was covered in cheese that was over cooked. It was just average. I had a side of Ranch/Bacon dressing that was awesome. Sister had a Ruben that was average. I ordered pie which was good. I have to say that this time of year they are running the restaurant with only a few people which leads to slow service. It was fine for us that were not in a hurry but they don't seem to appreciate the business...I would stop again during another time of year and I would bet the service and food would be better.

I ate here 24 years ago when it was just a small place. It was so good and I always remembered the good pie. This time around it was a disappointment but I would eat here again to see if they can live up to my old expectations.

Green Valley, Arizona
“A Real Gem Overlooking Lake Superior”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Whenever I travel along the North Shore of Lake Superior, I plan to stop at the Rustic Inn for a meal. The food is consistently good and the portions very generous. You must however save room for the pie. A chalkboard lists the selections of the day. My favorite is any pie with a meringue crust-usually lemon or raspberry. Pies can be purchased by the slice or you may buy an entire pie. Parking is available in front and a ramp is provided for those in a wheelchair or people needing a railing for assistance.

In season the restaurant can be crowded so try to arrive at off peak times or prepare to wait. There is a candy counter selling individual pieces of homemade candy which is excellent when fresh, but in off peak times of the year I have purchased candy that has been stale.

• Visited October 2012
Grand Rapids
“awesome food & pie!!”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Awesome food and to-die-for pie. Stopped while snowmobiling on the North Shore. Great experience!We'll stop again...

Visited February 2013
Minnesota
“Best omelet ever”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped there for breakfast and it was fast, fresh, and fantastic. We had to wait for a table but it was worth it!

Visited February 2013
Thunder Bay Canada
“Do not drive by, stop and eat here!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

On our way from Thunder Bay to Duluth, just before the tunnels we came upon this neat place on the right side of the highway to eat. We had never eaten there before but saw the parking lot was packed, that is usually a very good sign. Once inside we gave our name as there were 8 people ahead of us. Snow mobilers, snow shoers, skiers we came to discover while waiting. They had a window case full of delectable chocolates, did not try as it was 9:00 a.m. , we were seated within 10 minutes and a coffee on the table in a couple more minutes. I loved the menu, such selection, I really had a hard time ordering, I finally chose the avocado, tomatoe omelette, served with a homemade muffin(which they were out of) so instead an English Muffin, and the lightest tastiest shredded hashbrowns. My DH ordered the small breakfast served with sausages (he chose links over patties) and homefries which he said were delicious!! The price was fair for such good quality. We will be back!!!!

• Visited February 2013