“Nice evening dinner ”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Eagan, Minnesota
“Nice evening dinner ”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Nice dinner enjoying a summer night on the patio. Service was a little slow, so if you're looking for a fast bite it's not the place. But if you're not in a rush, then it's good! It was a little pricey, but it's one of the main spots in Two Harbors. Had the walleye which was huge and delicious, but the veggie side was small and wasn't a "vegetable mix" but just asparagus. Mashed potatoes were skin-in, which I didn't like, but not the cook's fault. I didn't ask.

Springfield, Minnesota
“Great customer service and food”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family and I spent the day driving the whole North Shore Scenic Drive. We headed back to Duluth pretty late in the day and wanted to stop somewhere to eat. Of course, since it was late, it was a challenge to find a place to do that. By the time we got to Two Harbors we were all very hungry. The Blackwood's Bar & Grill lights were still on so we stopped. My husband asked a staff person outside if they were still serving. She mentioned appetizers would be half price at 10 p.m., which is when service stopped. Since it was 9:47 p.m., we told her okay thanks anyway. As we walked away, she called us back and said they served until 10. If we were hungry, to come on in and they would serve us. We told her no. It's so late and the cooks are ready to go home. She told us it was no problem and invited us on in. After she sat us in the dining room, our waitress came. Our order was turned around quickly and the food was delicious. My husband had the bison burger; my one daughter had a salmon salad; and my other daughter and I had the salmon sandwich. The waitress must have known we felt bad because it was so late, but she told us there was no rush and to enjoy the meal. My whole family thought this was excellent customer service since they welcomed us so late and so close to kitchen closing time. The only item that really presented as a negative was the cost. It seemed high considered we ordered three sandwiches and a salad.

• Visited August 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Stopped for Lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Like its other location in Duluth. Service good, food what you would expect. Prices average to a little high. Owners contribute to various groups like ALS , etc.

• Visited August 2014
Chaska, Minnesota
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

This trip to Blackwood ' s was not the greatest. Went to sit on the patio, as it says to seat yourself, we sat for 10 minutes without staff waiting on us. My husband went inside to the bathroom and also decided to order drinks, thinking we'd end up doubling our order. Not the case, nobody ended up asking us anything. Usually we have had a good experience, with good service and good food. Unfortunately, not this time. Nobody even stopped to ask if we needed a menu. Not impressed.

Chicago, IL
“Over-Priced!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Had trouble finding a place to eat for a family of four travelling in to Two Harbors-had aleady been to Culvers. Didn't want McDs. First thing we noticed was the high prices didn't match up with the food items. The Mac n' Cheese was around $11.49-but very good with a variety of cheeses and bacon. My Asian flatbread was just so-so. They tried to be gourmet, but didn't get all the flavorings blended well. My husband and other daughter split a shrimp dish, b/c of price and it underwhelmed. I found out later that this establishment is part of a chain. So, prices should be lower and food quality would match up. Ambiance did fit a more fine dining experience which we weren't looking for. I can't recommend this restaurant b/c of its inconsistencies. If prices had been lower, yes. If food had been better for the prices, yes. Waitress was gracious-service very good.

• Visited July 2014