“Very bad”

Judy's Cafe
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“Very bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

I hate to say this, because I can tell it is a local favorite, but it was truly horrible. As for the pros, the service was great. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly. But the food is just so bad. Half of it comes from a can and you can tell. Maybe people up North don't notice the difference between canned and fresh??? I don't know. If you want a canned meal, this is a great spot. One of us ordered the special of the day- pot roast with peas, soup, and potatoes. The soup was from a can and then the peas were cold and canned. I honestly could not believe they would serve food like that in a restaurant.

If you want fresh food you shouldn't come. I wish we had stopped anywhere in Two Harbors but here. Like I said, it makes me sad, I am all about the local places...but I draw the line at paying for canned food.

Visited May 2011
4 Thank msp081

Lakeville, Minnesota
“Good Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

We ate at Judy’s with a group of families last week in Two Harbors. There where eleven of us. Carla the waitress was great. Got the food to the kids first and everyone got what they wanted. The food was very good and the portions where big. Just like you would except from a small town café. Just remember cash or check only.

• Visited March 2011
“A great little place. When traveling for...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

A great little place. When traveling for more than a few days, I want some normal "home cooked" food. Judy's does it True, no atmosphere or mood music or anything fancy.... Just good food at very inexpensive prices.

Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Good basic breakfast in a small town cafe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

A "greasy spoon" type restaurant, and I mean that fondly. Great breakfast choices, reasonable prices, good service.

1 Thank daler_7
St. Paul, MN
“Exactly what a small town cafe should be.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

Homestyle cooking like grandma used to make. This is not fine dining but this is exactly what a small town cafe should be. The prices were very reasonable and the food tasted fresh and made with love in a perfectly basic way. The service was excellent and you just can buy that kind of atmosphere. Very charming in the most Minnesota kind of way. This place was recommended to us and we will certainly pass on the favor!