“Great food. Service needs improvement,”
Review of Ledge Rock Grille

Ledge Rock Grille
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Altoona, Wisconsin
“Great food. Service needs improvement,”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went on Wednesday night. It was moderately busy, we were promptly seated without reservations. Our waitress got my drink quickly (they were out of Maker's Mark bourbon). We had to ask a second time for my wife's glass of soda, the waitress forgot. The salad dressing (citrus strawberry) was a little off. I had the Lake Trout Amandine, it was excellent. My wife had the risotto, which was good. We never got any bread, I didn't notice every table had it until we left.

Visited October 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“First and last”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

First time for dinner last Saturday on our fall drive up North. Had driven by some many times and finally had the chance to check it out and was mostly disappointed. The highlights were service, our calamari appetizer and my partner’s Summer Risotto which was quite good and perfectly prepared. My Caesar salad and steak, not so much.

The salad was described as a Caesar Fingerling Salad. While technically the romaine could be deemed fingers, however, they were the untrimmed large outer leaves, not what I would consider fingers or the tender heart of the lettuce. These came coverd in a watery and tasteless dressing with some odd tasting croutons.

The big disappointment was the 1000 Hills grass-fed ribeye. It appeared to be prepared to my requested medium rare, but was cold, a bit dry, had no seasoning and had an odd burnt grease taste. When our server checked I shared this and was offered something else or a refire. The second steak was at least hot but still no seasoning and an even more greasy burnt off putting taste boarding on something chemical. The accompanying sides of green beans and roasted potatoes had a similar odd taste almost as if the grill area had been cleaned and whatever had been used was not wiped or burned off. Or maybe it had not been cleaned and the resulting soot combined with the rendered fat produced the mess. They did take the steak off the bill unasked.

There are other choices in the Two Harbors area and we will be checking those out.

Minnesota
“Great Place to Stop on the North Shore”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We found this on tripadvisor and liked the reviews so decided to try it on our way to hike at Gooseberry Falls. We have driven up the North Shore many, many times and wanted to try something new. The restaurant is located in Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior and the grounds were beautiful! It is right on the lake and the flowers and landscaping were very well tended. The lobby was spotless and looked very cozy. I walked in to the pool area and it was very clean. The restaurant was spotless, very nice and neat. We were seated by the window and could see the lake from where we sat. It was a bit pricey for breakfast/brunch, but the atmosphere, the meal presentation and the generous and delicious portions made it well worth the stop and we will stop again! Our waitress was wonderful and everyone we met was very friendly. If you are driving up the North Shore, pull in for a good meal!

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality crafted food, great service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stopped at the Ledge Rock Grille with a few friends after visiting Gooseberry Falls. We sat on the porch, which overlooked the beautiful Larsmont cottages and a breathtaking view of Lake Superior. We decided to share an assortment of appetizers, all of which were displayed like works of art, and tasted even better. The spinach and artichoke dip was absolutely the best I've ever had. Service was stellar as well. Our server Kara was extremely personable, friendly, and knowledgeable.

1 Thank MNtraveler1111
Saint Michael, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“breakfast”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Expensive for side of eggs because they were organic. $4 for two. Apple stuffed pancake yummy. Great customer service by waiter Mike.

Visited September 2013