Review of Ledge Rock Grille

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Expensive for side of eggs because they were organic. $4 for two. Apple stuffed pancake yummy. Great customer service by waiter Mike.

1  Thank jjacobs27

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service (thanks Kara!), great view of Lake Superior! Definitely recommend the calamari and the sangria!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was my month 8/3/13 to take Jodi out on our monthly date night. I searched on the internet for places outside of Duluth, and Ledge Rock Grille came up. The reviews looked outstanding, so I looked at their website and was very impressed. They have their menu online, showed pictures of their dining room, and I saw a link that caught my interest about eating at the Chef's Table. I had to call to get more information.

When I called Ledge Rock Grille, the staff worker was very helpful while explaining the Chef's Table. It's a six-course meal that the chef puts together himself, and it's a personal way to show their skills that is different than what's on the menu. While at the Chef's Table, the chef interacts with you during the courses. The price to sit at the Chef's Table is $75.00 per person. For the experience, I thought it would be worth it.

He mentioned that, since I'm in a wheelchair, the counter will be too high to sit at the Chef's Table. He said its close to five feet in height, but they would accommodate me with a table close to the Chef's Table. Before we hung up, he asked if there was anything else that they should know about, like food allergies or any other accommodations. That really impressed me a lot. They made me feel that our needs were a priority, and they valued us as a customer.

When we arrived for our reservation, handicapped parking was good. The outside of the Lodge was clean and inviting. We brought my standard size wheelchair. The doorway was wide enough, but my bigger wheelchair may not fit. Inside the Lodge, it was clean and warm. The staff welcomed us with smiles and asked if we needed help.

When we got to the restaurant area, we were greeted kindly by the hostess, but we weren't asked if we had a reservation. I thought they knew, because I made sure that the reservation had that I was in a wheelchair. But, I had to mention it to the hostess. Going into the dining area, the tables were close together. So, I would have had a problem getting through, but the staff moved the tables without hesitation. It may have been a problem, if the tables were full.

The hostess sat us at a table near the Chef's Table. I did go up to the actual Chef's Table seating, and the counter was too high for a wheelchair. So, I am glad that they accommodated me. To be honest, I think I would rather sit at a table than the high bar stools, they would possibly get uncomfortable during a six-course meal.

Our chef for our dinner was Chef Alex. He came over to our table, introduced himself, and explained his menu for the night. Then, our waitress came over and explained about having a wine pairing with each meal for an extra $19.00, which I did.

Even though Jodi and I enjoyed everything on the menu, we did have some favorites. We both enjoyed the bacon-wrapped scallops the most. They were so good and cooked perfectly. The rack of lamb was very good as well. It was not in a marinade, but seasoned and grilled very well. The raspberry sorbet in champagne was very refreshing, but their famous S'mores cake was a great dessert to end the dinner. It was warm and gooey, just like a real S'more.

On the way out, the staff moved the tables, so I could get through. And, they were all kind to us during our visit. And, when going past the front desk, they were kind and friendly, saying thanks for visiting. We felt that our needs were taken care of, and we were treated as a priority as a guest. It was very personal.

Ledge Rock Grille also offers a Culinary Club. It's free to sign up. You can sign up online, or ask your server. You get a card in the mail, and, when you visit Ledge Rock Grille, you get 1 point for every dollar you spend. They have different levels of points that you can redeem to get rewards from Ledge Rock Grille to free nights in a cottage.

If you are looking for a romantic dinner that offers a personal six-course meal from the chef's menu, then Ledge Rock Grille is a must STOP IN! Or, if you are looking for a family outing dinner overlooking Lake Superior, then stop in at Ledge Rock Grille. They do offer a menu with items such as steaks, seafood, lamb, wood-fired flatbreads, soups, salads, chicken, duck, burgers, and pastas. They also have a wine list and beer. They also have a 3-2-1 Happy Hour which is Daily from 3 – 5pm. Save $3.00 on any appetizer. Save $2.00 on any specialty drink. Save $1.00 on your choice of wine or beer.

Also, heated outdoor deck seating is now open for the summer! And, if you are looking for lodging, they have cottages at different rates. You can look online, call, or they have an online chat available on their website.

Check out our blog http://familyfriendlyoutings.blogspot.com/ don't forget to leave us a comment and follow us on our next adventure.

1  Thank Naykki
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped by for our first time to get a bite of lunch. Besides us there were only two other tables occupied and the service was slow (only one cook and one waiter). We ordered Walleye cakes for an appetizer that were tasty but ended up costing $13 for two small cakes and a pile of slimy lettuce pulled out of a bag. For my meal I ordered the Spicy Shrimp Tacos which came with a cucumber salad, but asked for the gluten free option which came as a salad. Yet again, I get a pile of slimy lettuce pulled from a bag. The salad had no dressing, just the shrimp and corn mixture on top and no cucumber salad. Another $13 for a slimy salad and a few measly shrimp. My husband ordered a hamburger which he enjoyed. I would be game to try it again for the dinner menu, but this experience has left a bad taste in our mouths. Overpriced for what we received. The decor and general atmosphere were the only palatable things to pull from this.

2  Thank jvettech
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was there during Grandmas's marathon weekend. I asked around in Duluth for a good place for breakfast and a local person suggested this place and specially for the eggs benedict. Even though it was like 20 miles from Duluth, I thought it was a great opportunity to see the area and drive around Lake Superior. It was worth while the whole experience! The place was beautiful, the food was great, and the service was super! It is located inside the Larsmont Cottages which is a gem in Lake Superior. The price was reasonable.

1  Thank redsoxx