“Lunch stop on the Scenic North Shore”
Review of Ledge Rock Grille

Ledge Rock Grille
Ranked #9 of 29 Restaurants in Two Harbors
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped for lunch, we were the only patrons inside, there was a family outdoors, the service was poor, not sure if the waiter was new or just very shy. The food was good, kind of overpriced for what it was, $11 for a burger at lunch. The view of Lake Superior is blocked by the cottages. The decor of the Grille was nice, log cabin, northwoods feel, they used colbalt blue for everything from the water glasses, cloth napkins, seats of the chairs to the china. The menus were neat, the outer cover was made of cork (I think) very natural looking. I'd be afraid to see the dinner prices, there was a pasta listed for lunch that was $24, I think the cheapest item on the lunch menu was a $9 starter. It was an okay place to dine, I guess our expectations were too high, we expected more from such a fancy resort.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Service was amazing. Great view. Average eats. The wine list was far superior to the food--but the food was good, not great.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

This wasn't the greatest restaurant ever, but it was among the best I've been to on the North Shore. The service was pleasant and accommodating, though it seemed disorganized. For example, our server didn't notice my dining companion had finished his drink until he was delivering our entrees, and my water glass never did get refilled after our plates had been cleared. The menu was mixed: I ordered a "Platinum Patron" margarita with Patron tequila and Grand Marnier. Since it was using top-shelf liquors, I didn't even think to ask if it was paired with fresh lime juice (it wasn't), so that was a miss. My dining companions Old Fashioned was better. Our food was quiet good: I splurged on the hickory filet mignon with a lingonberry reduction. I ordered the steak medium, it came out medium well. I couldn't bring myself to send it back, so I was pleased that the cut was still fork-tender and tasty. I can only imagine it would have been spectacular had the steak been cooked to my liking. My companion had the walleye, which was light and paired well with a dressed up wild rice and perfectly cooked broccoli rabe. We each ordered the turtle semifreddo, which was a fancy cross between cheesecake and chocolate mouse that was overly dressed in caramel and chocolate sauce. The dessert satisfied my craving for chocolate but could have used less of the drizzle. Our bill for four drinks, two entrees and two desserts came to about $120, which is spendy for the North Shore, especially when the service was a touch spotty. We'd try it again in the future, though next time we'd ask more questions about menu items and err on the side of undercooking steak.

1  Thank e-viajera
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Great menu selection, great wine selection with an awesome view of lake superior.

Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a nice afternoon surprise with gem. We enjoyed a nice glass of Pinot noir with a couple of tasty appetizers to share and topped it off with a creme broulle trio .. Food made with fresh ingredients and a nice variety in the menu.