“Third Time not a Charm”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We were at the Ledge Rock Grille last Saturday night. We had reservations and we where sat right away. That is good with kids.

Our waiter was good but the food was over cooked. The couple we were with had to send back there steaks and my swordfish was also over cooked. My wife’s pasta and kids liked there meals.

This was a third time at LRG and we have sat at the chefs table. The food has been very good before, so maybe it was a bad night or a new chef.

1  Thank jmar45

Reviewed August 11, 2011

While the dining room had tables available, the air conditioning was freezing. So, we chose to sit on the small veranda. The wine selection was good and the wine lovers' appetizer with cheese, smoked salmon, red pepper hummus, and walnuts was much appreciated. The stuffed portobello was very good but the supposed flatbread served with it was a serious disappointment; more like bland, undercooked, leftover pizza dough. Pasta was also good. But, the service was abysmal. It appeared the server was doing his best but the restaurant was severely understaffed. When I finally went inside in search of our server in hopes of getting another glass of wine, he was behind the bar making drinks. Sad, this restaurant has potential.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Driving up to the north shore we heard about the Larsmont Cottages and the Ledge Rock Grill. We were there on Sunday at noon and had a very enjoyable meal in a lovely setting. There are windows all around the dining room and very pleasant table setting with deep blue stem ware and plates with blue fish swimming along the edge. Already I was impressed without even yet dining!

Our waitress was friendly and professional. My companion ordered the "Parmesean crusted Lemon Asiago Walleye Sandwich" and I ordered the same sandwich with the choice of a chicken breast. Could the kitchen do this for me, I asked? Yes, they could and did. The breading was crisp and delectable. Not having a great fondness for fish, I thought chicken would go well with the same flavorings and I was correct. But, after tasting the fresh fish, it was clear this would have been an excellent choice too. With this came a very good salad with a blueberry vinegarette that was very fresh and well rounded.

This will certainly be a stop I will make again and also recommend it to all my friends.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We frequently enjoy dining at the Ledge Rock Grille. The chef's table is a fun way to experience new foods thought up by the chef and some are not offered on the menu. We had such a unique, fun, delicious experience dining and talking while our food was being prepared and watching all that goes on in the kitchen. We did the wine pairing with the different courses, also, and really enjoyed that along with the wonderful appetizers, salad, main course and dessert. A fun, delicious dinner...you should try it!

1  Thank TravelfromDuluth