“Great place for a honeymoon - peaceful, romantic, beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Two Harbors
Superior Gateway Lodge Organic Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We just got back from our stay at Superior Gateway - loved it!!!!

The building was rustic and beautiful, tucked back into the woods (serene), but probably only 5 minutes away from the town of Two Harbors. The breakfasts were out of this world delicious, and Pat and Joe are cool people who give space when you need it, but socialize when you want it. They also suggested some great places to go visit nearby, and set up a massage for us nearby.

I would highly recommend this place to any honeymooners who are looking for a peaceful getaway.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
selfhelp1948, Owner at Superior Gateway Lodge Organic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2010

Annie and Brant,
Thank you for the nice review. It was a pleasure to have you at the lodge.
Would you ever be interested in a guided, inexpensive canoe trip or day trips?
Pat and Joe

Reviewed April 10, 2010

Initially, my husband and I selected Superior Gateway Lodge for its proximity to Two Harbors and quick drives to the state parks on the north shore. We were very excited about staying on the shore, rather than Duluth, so we could minimize our travel time to favorite hikes at Tettegouche State Park, Split Rock, and Gooseberry Falls. We were fortunate enough to be Pat's only guests for the weekend, and received the royal treatment! We also were able to upgrade to the Romantic King Suite, which I would highly recommend to anyone.

After a restful night's sleep, we awoke to a delicate germanic breakfast prepared by Pat. Fantastic coddled eggs, sausage, homemade bread and grapefruit, filled us up and we were ready to tackle the numerous hikes on the north shore. Unbeknownst to us and our hostess, our "best laid plans" took a slight turn. We had car trouble further up the shore and needed to tow our car back to Two Harbors. Without the slightest hesitation, Pat offered to help us out; quickly identifying a mechanic and a time where she could pick us up and bring us back to the lodge.

When you choose to stay at Superior Gateway Lodge, you're not just staying at a bed and breakfast. Pat truly made us feel like we were part of her family. In order to help her guests, she put aside other projects and errands for the day. When we were frazzled, she was extremely patient and showed us some alternative hikes in the town of Two Harbors to help relax us. The next day, after another fantastic breakfast, she drove us to Duluth where we could pick up a car in order to get back to the Twin Cities on time. How many hosts or business owners will do that for you?

While our trip did not turn out exactly as planned, we were offered something that we probably needed more--rest, relaxation, and time to just "stop" and not schedule every hour of the day. After our rough experience with a messy four-mile hike and car trouble, it was nice to return to the lodge for a long jacuzzi bath and a comfortable bed.

Thank you Pat, for the hospitality you showed us!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
selfhelp1948, owner at Superior Gateway Lodge Organic Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

Dear friends,
Your review was fantastic! Thanks,
Did you get your car back in good order?
Pat

Reviewed March 29, 2010

We were planning a romantic weekend away on the Northshore. We evaluated many options before choosing the Superior Gateway Lodge. We decided it provided better value than the large, commercial resorts. For a comparable, if not lower, price we got much nicer accomodations in a new log cabin with a jacuzzi tub and breakfast.

The B&B is tucked back in the woods outside of Two Harbors. Pat and Joe were very friendly, and are interesting and easy to chat with. The cabin is gorgeous. The memory foam bed was wonderful. We both slept extremely well and are now set on buying one of our own. The jacuzzi was relaxing, though it was loud when the jets were on. It would be a great place to rent for a family gathering or party.

One disadvantage of the log construction was that our room wasn't very soundproof, so there was some audible noise from the living space below and probably vise versa. Could be a problem for those who are light sleepers or want to sleep in uninterrupted in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at a beautiful new B & B outside of Two Harbors , Mn. It was cozy, serene, and relaxing. Thew hosts Pat and Joe couldn't have been more pleasant and inviting. They shared their stories and we shared ours. They provided many amenities and delicious breakfasts. We would definitely return for more--maybe next time in the summer.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Definitely off the beaten trail, but worth the effort. The stay was comfortable and unique. This is a lovely log home and the breakfast was delicious. We stayed in the main floor bedroom; you could hear the breakfast preparations in the adjacent living area, but it was no big deal. The upstairs rooms may provide more privacy in that regard. The only suggestion I would have to our gracious hosts is to place some comfortable chairs in this bedroom...the only seating was the bed and a small chair. Although there was free internet, there wasn't a place to sit in the room to use our laptop. This house is quite secluded; be prepared to drive a ways to get to restaurants and other entertainment. But if you are looking for a quiet get-away, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TidyWesternWisconsin
Reviewed January 28, 2010

I found total relaxation during my 2-day stay a Superior Gateway Lodge. Though I was able to hook into their Wi-Fi to check e-mails while I was away from the office I suprisingly found myself cozying up to a book on my to-read list instead. I was finally able to slow down. The perfect rhythm of the northwoods is hard to resist. Day one I had the best breakfasts, followed by snowshoeing up the north shore, and ending with hot tea and my book. (Later my wonderful hosts let me know that I could have snowshoe right from Superior Gateway Lodge...I will be trying that next winter). Day two after yet another awesome breakfast complements of my hosts Joe and Pat Richter I did some nature photography and had lunch at The New Scenic Cafe, a little restaurant with Northwoods charm and enticing dishes I didn't expect to find north of the Twin Cities (try their gnocchi with roasted tomatos, and the blackberry cream cheese tart for desert). Needless to day I didn't want to leave this perfect retreat! Next time I am staying for a week.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MinnesotaTravelguru
Reviewed January 28, 2010

This was a great honeymoon destination. It was tucked away in the woods and away from everything else. The food was phenomenal. And our hosts, Pat and Joe were great, extremely kind and welcoming. My wife and I cannot wait to come back and stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Cove Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Beaver Bay
Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Two Harbors

Been to Superior Gateway Lodge Organic Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!