“Great Lakehome Experience”

Superior Shores Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Two Harbors
Reviewed June 22, 2005

Spent the weekend of Grandma's Marathon here. I have no experience with the lodge but the lakehome we had was great. Beautiful view!! We had two bedrooms and two baths, a kitchen, washer and dryer, sauna and whirlpool. I wish we would have had more time to enjoy it all.

Our deck had a amazing view with steps for easy access to the shore. We were able to do smores down at a fire pit along the shore--super!

Used the indoor and outdoor pool but not the restaurant. Really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank lynn40
There are newer reviews for Superior Shores Resort

St. Paul, MN
Reviewed October 18, 2004

My husband and I stayed at Superior Shores on our honeymoon 5 years ago and we have tried to return each year. This past year we recommended Superior Shores to my daughter and her husband, and my brother and his family. My husband and I also returned in July.

All three families were very disappointed with the service in the restaurant. It was very slow, dirty tables near us were not cleared for a very long time (during our entire meal) and they were out of several items on the menu, which was not explained to us before taking our orders. We did fill out a customer satisfaction card expressing our dissatisfaction, but did not hear any feedback.

This has been a huge disappointment to us, and we chose another destination for our Fall excursion to the North Shore.

Terry and Mary Telega
St. Paul, Minnesota

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed October 10, 2004

I just got back last week from Superior Shores, and had a great time. My fiance and I had our wedding at the Shores, and Molly and Raylene were very helpful. We wanted to get married on the beach, but the morning of our wedding dawned cold and rainy. We made some last minute decisions and ended up with a lovely wedding inside by the roaring lobby fireplace. The weather cleared up by evening and we were able to have a bonfire on the moonlit beach. All of our guests loved the resort, and we enjoyed the suite we splurged on. We stayed for 6 nights total, and loved it! We stayed at the Shores in April and really enjoyed it but this stay was a step above. We are talking about going back for our anniversary!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Duluth, Mn.
Reviewed May 26, 2004

My husband and I absolutely loved "Superior Shores" Beautiful atmosphere! Superb dining experience! The Creme Brule was OHHHHH so delicious.
Our hot-tub room looked directly out to Lake Superior...stunning, shimmering diamonds.
We are making plans to go back for our anniversary!
Romantic and lovely.
Thank you Superior Shores!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Twin Cities, MN
Reviewed January 3, 2004

I have stayed at Superior Shores many times in the last 8 years. My first stays in lodge rooms and suites were great. Then we started staying in a Lakehome that was just breathtaking...the view, the sounds...just gorgeous.

Well, I wanted to go somewhere peaceful for Christmas this year and decided to return and stay in the lodge because Christmas was "peak season" and the lodge is cheaper. I was incredibly disappointed. The carpet was stained and dingy, the gas fireplace barely worked, the oven mitts were filthy, the couch was incredibly uncomfortable and had a strange, ill-fitting cushion on the end that poked out. Everything just seemed really dumpy. I hadn't recalled it being that way before on previous stays. Also, the noise level was intolerable--lots of commotion, yelling, banging. Not a peaceful place for Christmas.

My friend and I went to the front desk to see if anyone had cancelled on a Lakehome, and staff were very receptive to our distress.
Fortunately, someone had cancelled and we got a gorgeous unit that was clean, recently remodeled, I think, and had a wonderful view of the lake. There was even an extra fireplace in the bedroom. And this was all for the same price as the lodge suite.

I suppose the inconsistencies between units arise from the fact that the units are individually owned...but you would think that SSs would have some sort of minimum standards.

My advice...go with a Lakehome and avoid the lodge.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 26, 2003

If you ever have the chance to go to two harbors stay at superior shore resort. It's perfect for family vacations. My family has been there twice and this New Years were going up again. This is one of our favorite resorts and is wonderful for the family. We have only stayed in the condos but this winter we will be in a suite. Our first time at superior we had an incredible room. It hada sauna and a whirlpool. The 2nd time we went we stayed with a large group, that room wasn't as nice as the 1st. The pool is perfect for nights and service is great. I highly suggest that if you have kids go sledogging. It's a blast and the perfect winter activity. Also the cascade river and the split rock lighthouse are great trails. Make sure to book early for both the resort and the sledogging. THEY FILL VERY QUICKLY!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed November 22, 2003

Stayed at Superior Shores on a business trip. They had some convention going on and the place was very busy. Still, the front desk staff was very professional, the room was immaculate, and the lounge staff was friendly. As an added bonus, the view could not be beat. They also offer high speed internet access at a reasonable price. We are considering having our company retreat there next fall. They have everything we need for our group.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Two Harbors
Voyageur Motel
Voyageur Motel
#6 of 6 in Two Harbors
Larsmont Cottages on Lake Superior

Been to Superior Shores Resort? Share your experiences!