We have been visiting the North Shore for nearly twenty years. Over the years, we have been to several different resorts along the North Shore. I have yet to pick a favorite. Superior Shores was our first resting place. Superior Shores has also been the most frequented resort over the years. I have yet to have a bad experience….some better than others.. but nothing that has left a poor memory.
This particular stay was our first time in the Burlington Lake Home (1-bed). We stayed in Building 5 in a lower unit. Burlington Lake homes are nicely decorated with a modern touch, a step up from the older lake homes located on sight at Superior Shores.
The downfall of Burlington Lake homes for me was the view from our unit and also the units along the shore are built more like an apartment community rather than a lake home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior Shores Resort is located on Lake Superior in Two Harbors, Minnesota, twenty miles north of Duluth. The resort offers a variety of accommodations at three unique properties that include the Main Lodge, Burlington Bay, and the Lakehomes. Situated on sixty acres of north woods forest, the resort features over a mile of Lake Superior coastline. Conveniently located at the center of many North Shore attractions, including Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Lighthouse, Canal Park and the Superior Hiking Trail, the resort is the perfect base camp location for your day tripping activities. With something for everyone, visit Superior Shores Resort and experience the North Shore at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Superior Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Shores Hotel Two Harbors
- Superior Shores Two Harbors