My husband and two year old rented F130 one bedroom suite at Burlington Bay which is a first floor corner unit. We booked online through an internet special and were slightly worried about it as there were only two pictures on the website and there really aren't any details on the property or good pictures on TA that provided me with some assurance...
When we opened the door our jaws hit the floor - very nice room, gorgeous view and PLENTY of room and then some. Lots of light because of the great big windows... The room was very clean and everything was in working order. The deck has a table and chairs along with an electric grill... gorgeous views and sounds of Lake Superior.
My only negative comment about the room is that the housekeeping did not vacuum our room on our first full day. Kind of an issue when you have a 2 year old but we managed. They didn't get to clean our room on the 2nd day because we were in it so maybe they were going to vacuum then? We asked for more towels (all the other reviews about not enough towels are true) and they never showed up (so I helped myself when I saw the housekeeping cart on our last night). But these things really didn't bother us enough to put a bad taste in our mouth - no big deal. Our coffee maker died after the first pot and about 10 minutes after we called asking for another one - we had one. And on our last day we were cooped up in the room for "nap time" and so they couldn't get in to clean it for us but they left us all new towels, soup, dish rag coffee ... in a bag outside our door.
Our room was right next to the pool - this was intentional on our part. It was loud at night with other guests partying the night away. We just shut the windows and put on the air so we couldn't hear them...
Speaking of pool - wonderful! The hot tub is very large and has two "parts" on inside and outside. You simply swim through an entry way between the two. Our two year old LOVED that hot tub due to the bench all around the perimeter.
Check in was a breeze a Superior Shores. We got there an hour before check in time and our room wasn't ready so we went into town to get some groceries.
There are three buildings for Burlington Bay - "F" and "e" are on the ends and the middle is the pool and the "executive suites". Parking was plentiful even on the weekend when they were fully booked. All the parking is in the front of the three buildings.
There really is no privacy on the decks - you can talk to your neighbors if they are out.
You can NOT walk from Burlington Bay to Superior Shores unless you go back out to the highway and walk through a four wheeler trail (which we could not due because it had not been mowed).
Burlington bay has a nice "trail" down to the water... it's a little steep but a great walk down to the rocks shoreline. There is a bonfire pit down there.
We did eat at Superior Shores one day for lunch... basic bar food - nothing fancy - nachos and fried cheese... the waitress was very nice and put up with our moving around twice before we settled on an outdoor deck seat.
Other places we ate:
Black Woods - so so. Expensive for what you get and service not the best and they really weren't that busy...
Judy's Cafe - my husband’s favorite. It was your basic small town cafe.
Lemon Wolfe (in Beaver Bay) - my favorite. Great reviews on Trip Advisor are all correct!
Louise’s Place - wonderful breakfast... just like visiting grandma’s house with all of the "quilts" and stuff around...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superior Shores Resort is located on Lake Superior in Two Harbors, Minnesota, twenty miles north of Duluth. The resort offers a variety of accommodations at three unique properties that include the Main Lodge, Burlington Bay, and the Lakehomes. Situated on sixty acres of north woods forest, the resort features over a mile of Lake Superior coastline. Conveniently located at the center of many North Shore attractions, including Gooseberry Falls, Split Rock Lighthouse, Canal Park and the Superior Hiking Trail, the resort is the perfect base camp location for your day tripping activities. With something for everyone, visit Superior Shores Resort and experience the North Shore at its best! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Superior Shores Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Superior Shores Hotel Two Harbors
- Superior Shores Two Harbors