“Clancy's Consistently Very Good”

Clancy's Fish Pub Canning Bridge
Ranked #1 of 54 Restaurants in Applecross
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Settled down in a business and residential district, just up from the Canning Bridge, she has a very strong local customer support who love all things fish and beer. A recent refit has the locals thrilled and a whole new customer is ready to be embraced into the warm hospitality on offer Clancy’s Canning Bridge. A true local, Clancy’s is as comfortable and welcoming as an old pair of slippers and a comfy chair. This true pub makes you feel welcome, the staff will know your name, and pour your favourite tipple before you find your seat. Whether it is for an early morning coffee, superb fish and chips, a pint of brilliant craft beer, a glass of chardonnay, read of the paper, listening to a local band, being tested by the quiz master, Clancy’s Canning Bridge provides for all types, shapes and sizes. Come on down and get a taste of it. Clancy’s Fish Pub Canning Bridge will be closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the third CFP I have visited & each one is as good as the other. We were travelling to Fremantle & had an hour & a bit to kill, so we called in. It was St Paddy's Day so I thought it would be packed, but they had kept the revellers outside, inside it was just another Sunday. Each CFP is decorated/fitted out differently, all are pleasant & they all make the best of the original building, Canning Bridge is no exception, well appointed with a great atmosphere.

The menu is the same as other CFP's, but the specials were different, I had the Duck Shanks, 4 duck drumsticks on a bed of posh lettuce & dressing. Just what I wanted a light, but tasty lunch. If you're hungry, try the Schnitzel, it's huge! I thought we may have to wait a while, but the service was quick, both ordering (see the lady by the fish tank) & serving, very friendly, very pleasant.

This one "chain" restaurant I am happy to recommend, it's great.

1  Thank Graham B

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely lunch at Clancy's and I had the calamari which was yum! The service was extremly quick but it was a Monday so not many people there. Ask what the "Fried Mice" are...didn't appeal to me but it's an interesting menu item.

1  Thank Stormchaser71
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Come prepared with a bit of money because it is more pricey than other pubs etc but that is to be expected in Applecross :)

I enjoyed the seafood platter for 2 although I was still hungry afterwards but could not afford another meal.

I'd rather come here for a few drinks as the atmosphere is so nice! I love the decor of the place.

1  Thank ivana-banana
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Good atmosphere on the Sunday evening we came here with some friends, with a DJ spinning some great old-school funk tunes. This place always seems to be busy whenever I go past, and as a pub I can't really complain too much. There's a good variety on offer on tap here. The seafood was just average, sadly, and that was the impression we came away with. Between the 4 of us we had a variety of meals, but most of it was a little on the bland side. Deep frying and adding salt is no substitute for freshness & flavours. I'd go back but more for a casual afternoon of drinks than specifically for a meal.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had one meal here, and it was good
It was only a quick fish and chips meal, but was fine.
There was live music that evening, although the musicians were only preparing when we left.