“Pretty Ordinary” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raffles Hotel

The Raffles Hotel
Reserve with
The Raffles Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 43 Restaurants in Applecross
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Pretty Ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Valentine meal set menu - have to say the menu was very appealing - unfortunately the meal wasn't. Certainly wasn't worth the $160 + wine. The waitress literally ran up to the table to throw the dessert plate on the table - then rushed off.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Indonesian first
perth,wa
“Raffles Upstairs…..brilliant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

THey have had a change to the Restaurant upstairs…..changed menu/pricing . Heaps better and more in line with the dining of today. Had tasting plate to start which was on a long wooden board and it was ample - cost $20-00.THe mains are from say 26 to most expensive is beef 40 plus.We had gnocchi which was delicious,chicken salad which was to die for and prawns (entree size) for mains and it was all delicious.Desserts were different …bit too fancy and small but we enjoyed them! All in all am going back, booked already and the service was outstanding…seemed to be heaps of staff and they were at our beck and call.The night we went there was a big table of like 30 and it didn't affect our meal at all.They are closed Monday/Tuesdays. Well worth a visit. There was a mix of people too, the party table , families and couples on romantic dates.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank braney
Perth, Australia
“Thanks - old fashioned values”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

It is not often that I am impressed enough to take the time to write a review on trip advisor. This is one of those times.

My parents, (who are in their early eighties), booked the Raffles for their 55th Wedding anniversary. Neither are as spritely as they once were when my father used to frequent the original establishment in his youth. From the very moment I walked in with them, the staff, especially Tony took the time from a busy Friday lunch service to personally assist them to their table upstairs. Tony assisted me in (slowly), walking with my dad in his frame to negotiate the steps and rode up the lift with us, where he handed us over to Michael, who then also was very patient and gentle with them and their varied needs.
Michael then rang me to let me know they were ready to be picked up. Mum and dad made their way down the lift independently, and as I arrived, there was Michael making sure they were OK upon their departure. An even more unusual gesture was taking off a dessert and coffee the bill as a Wedding anniversary gift. Thank You Raffles for taking the time and showing respect and patience to my Mum and Dad. I will tell one and all this story and it left me feeling happy that there are still people around that display some Old Fashioned values.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rose B
Perth, WA
“Fantastic Evening by the Swan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My family and I (Mum, Dad, sister, her partner and two teenagers) recently enjoyed a post-exam dinner celebration for my graduating Year 12 daughter in the Lounge Bar. I know there has been some less than complimentary feedback about the service and I have experienced some slow service myself, but I am writing to compliment all staff who worked that night. From the waitress who showed us to our table, took our drinks order and got some freshly shucked oysters to us in double quick time, to the waitresses who constantly asked to refresh our drinks, requested feedback on the food and cleared our table the service was faultless. Top marks for the gnocchi which was outstanding, made with love and with just the right amount of resistance served with mushroom, pancetta, pine nut and mascarpone - it was an absolute delight. The pulled pork pizza should also rate a mention. Would we go back? Definitely, we felt like we were on holiday and the service and food were outstanding value.

“Crap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Corporate lunch no limits and went to macas aftr lunch because wewwere WA hungry.. No limits means fill my glass up. I had to search my plate to find my steak. I have never been so embarrassed inn my life. I told my guests I would apologise publicly. I am so sorry I will make it up to you

• Visited November 2013