“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tower
Fortune Bay Resort Casino
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tower
Reviewed July 26, 2013

There were four of us and we had 2 rooms. This hotel is very hard to get to but worth the trip. Front desk staff was very efficient and friendly. All of the staff greeted us with a smile and "Have a nice stay". I encountered a maid in the hallway on the way to my room and she immediately smiled and said 'I hope you have a nice stay with us". The room was not large but was clean and comfortable. The food in the restaurant was good but not great. We were there to play golf and the course was very nice, again well worth the trip. The only problem we had was trying to get to the clubhouse to play golf. There was apparently going to be a concert the next night and they use the parking lot on that side of the hotel for the concert. They would not even let us drive down to unload our clubs. Overall we would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We’re glad that our staff made you feel welcome and that your stay for the most part was what you expected.

Sorry about the inconvenience associated with the outdoor concert that went on while you were a guest. We do our best to accommodate all guests by offering them a ride over to the course on a golf cart, so I apologize that service was not offered to you.

Thanks again for writing a review about our property. We hope to see you again, take care!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family goes up to Fortune Bay every year for about 2 weeks ,and we love it !! We never have to leave -we fish,golf and play the tables too . They have restaurants ,from a snack area in the casino to fine dining at the golf course . It is the # 1 course in the state also. Look forward to coming again - thank you all -The Johnson`s

Room Tip: Suites are nicer but book fast
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bob j
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments. As always it’s nice to hear guests talk about our other amenities that appeal to family vacationers!

We have added the Sunset Steakhouse to our dining options so make sure to try it out when you come back for another visit.

Thanks again, have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The casino is a dump and the price is a bit too high, but the golf course makes it all worthwhile. Make sure you get the Stay & Play package to save a few bucks overall. Also, the restaurant at the Wilderness is top notch.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rycher
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Good afternoon:

Sorry to hear that you did not find our casino to your liking, or the fact that you felt our resort rates were a bit too high. Please feel free to contact us direct (1-800-555-1714, ext. 7882) if you would like to let us know why you did not enjoy our casino so that we can resolve any problems you may have had.

Thanks for the compliments to our Wilderness golf course staff and its restaurant. We’ll make sure to let them know you appreciated the experience you had.

Have a great rest of the weekend and thanks for your input!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It doesn't have a cabin feel, but the casino is fun and the value can't be beat. We stayed on the top floor with a lake view and it felt like Vegas in Tower. Awesom room, expansive view of the lake and bonus views of #11 and #12 of the Wilderness golf course. Didn't hit the casion, but the golf course was in great shape.

This is an annual buddies golf trip and we almost always stay at the casino hotel for convenience and value.

Room Tip: the higher you go, the fewer the bugs on the deck in the evenings
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Good afternoon:

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to Fortune Bay.

Thanks for your continued business. Please let us know if there’s anything that we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable next year, take care!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A local B&B owner recommended that since she was fully booked, Fortune Bay Resort Casino would be the next best option for me. I'm glad she recommended it! First, the staff was really kind to me when I telephoned to discuss which night or nights I would stay and even suggested that I could book the second night with the option of canceling it by 11:00 a.m. of the second day without any penalty. When I arrived, I liked the big, open parking lots, drive-up check-in area, and ease of getting my bags into the hotel. The hotel lobby has a sort of woodsy-feeling décor that is big, open, and relaxing. The window of my room looked out into an open, grassy area, and it was easy to take a little hike around the grounds. The hotel staff were really very nice in person, too! I don't play golf and so can't say anything about the golf course. Tried the buffet the first evening, and it was better than average but lacked the sort of excellent salad choices I am used to seeing offered in California's buffets. Although I have very little idea how to gamble, I signed up for the player's club and played the slot machines. When I had trouble figuring out how to use my player's club card to access the free play allowance, the girls at the windows acted like I was a real basket case and gave me odd looks, and that made me very unhappy. It was just so unnecessary and dampened any desire I might have had to play the slots with my own money! But I had a great time losing $20 with one of the blackjack dealers, and he taught me a lot about the game, which I very much appreciated. While scouting the hotel, I looked at the minimal food offered in the quick food area inside the casino, and the fried chicken under the heat lamps looked sort of old and dry. The next night it was the same thing, and the steak house was one day away from opening; so, I purchased a dessert from the buffet and skipped dinner the second night. I also used the little laundry room, and it worked really well. While doing my laundry, I met a really sweet maintenance man who ran and got me extra change for the dryer, which I thought was way, way above the call of duty! The laundry is right across from the pool, and I noticed the pool was heavily used by families with very active children. I'm pretty sure that I'll be back in the area again and wouldn't be averse to staying at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, but next time I think I'll select a room with a cozy sofa and fireplace!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. It sounds as though you tried several of our amenities, some with more luck than others. We are sorry that we fell short in some areas of customer service and we will work on that.

Thanks again for taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope to see you again and thank you for your business, have a great day!

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the casino for a night and was very happy.
The casino staff, especially the Black Jack dealers were the best.
It was not my first time at the Casino and really enjoy the time I spent there.
Will be back again soon.
Room was very nice and food was also very good.

• Stayed: June 2013
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind words about your stay with us.

I will let the gaming director know about your satisfaction with the casino staff. I will also let our housekeeping manager know that you were pleased with your room and let our food and beverage manager know that you were pleased with your food.

Thanks for your visit. We look forward to seeing you again, have a great day!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

First timers there. Check in went smoothly and staff very informative. We loved our room (King suite with fireplace) Wish the lighting was better in the room and we couldn't figure out how to shut off the air conditioner when the fireplace was going. Food good and the casino didn't break us! :) Staff was friendly. After reading several reviews about a smoke filled casino, we have been in much worse. We are both non smokers and I was not bothered at all. We definitly plan on coming back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
FortuneBay, Public Relations Manager at Fortune Bay Resort Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Good afternoon:

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We’re glad that you found our accommodations to your liking and that our staff provided you with the customer service that you deserve as our guest.

As we tell all of our guests, if you any problems arise when you stay with us, please call the front desk and we’ll remedy the problem as quickly as we can, thanks, hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tower
The Lodge at Giant's Ridge
Grand Ely Lodge
#1 of 8 in Ely
19 mi away
Northern Lights Lodge

Been to Fortune Bay Resort Casino? Share your experiences!