“Best Girls weekend EVER!!!”
Review of Bay View Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tower
Bay View Lodge
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My girlfriends and I went to Bayview with no expectations! We wanted to just have a great time, and get away for the weekend. We honestly had the BEST time! We didn't want to leave. The staff was awesome, super friendly, accommodating, etc..Our Cabin was roomy, rustic, clean. We were able to bring our own alcohol, food, we dressed up in 80's gear all weekend, and all the other guests just loved it:) We also enjoyed eating and drinking at the bar/restaurant. Great Food and drinks! We are planning on going back semi annually. It is the perfect spot for a bachelor/bachelorette weekend. You feel like you can do anything, be yourself, just have a great time! A big thank you to the whole staff, you guys ROCK! See you again soon!

3  Thank Abbi N

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family stayed at this resort in early September and was very disappointed. We knew ahead of time that this place had a bar and restaurant and this was one of the reasons why we decided to stay at this resort. It was very obvious that the bar/restaurant was where all the attention went and that the cabins and guests were a very distant 2nd.
To keep this review as short as possible, the general theme of our stay was that no one cared about the condition of the resort or the guests staying at the resort.
The grounds of this resort continuously had beer bottles, plastic cups and general trash through out our stay. At no time did we see any attempt to keep the place clean. Overall it looked like a dump. Our cabin needed the housekeepers to come back and put clean sheets on one of the beds. The hours of the lodged changed to opening at 3pm mid stay without notification so any sort of help was next to impossible including checking out. To my knowledge our family was the only people at the resort.
The owner/operator was notified of everything in this review via email several weeks ago and I have not received any response which further proves this place does not deserve anyone's business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank acwenell
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Bay View Lodge. Clean cabins with a fantastic view of beautiful Lake Vermilion. Food was excellent and well worth the wait not to mention the atmosphere of the tiki bar/deck over looking the lake.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I’ve come up to Bay View two summers in a row now to celebrate my birthday. Last year, I was also recovering from a pretty nasty divorce, and a trip to Bay View Lodge was just what the doctor ordered. Anyone who has been through the Big D, or had a troubled time in their life, should be required to spend a weekend here. You couldn’t pay for better therapy. You are truly able to get away from it all here, and much like Vegas, what happens here stays here. The scenic beauty of Lake Vermilion, or the Big V, as the locals lovingly call it, is a great backdrop for cutting loose and partying. We especially loved taking as many White Dog shots as we could handle (a favorite local pastime) and Toni-ing drinks into the bar. The tiki bar is a great spot to start the night out – last year as we sat out there and enjoyed the night, the bartender stepped away very briefly, and we witnessed marshal law breaking out. People jumped over the bar and grabbed liquor bottles; others were hoisted over by their ankles and guzzled beer straight from the tap. It was rowdy and out of control, but my guests and I were delighted and amused by the laid back nature of this place. If the crowd gets hammered enough, the kitchen will serve platters of breadsticks to try to soak up some liquor so you feel like you can drink even more. This year, we were treated to an impromptu fireworks display in the form of a couple drunks lighting some off from the lawn outside our cabin, which was a fun and celebratory addition to our evening of getting hammered and dancing until we died (or got wine-eyed). None of the doors work in this place, which is amazing – I was kicking in doors all weekend, feeling like Chuck Norris. If you visit on a weekend when the DIVAS are playing – get ready. We were treated to a visit by them this year. These sassy ladies will sing their way into your heart with show tunes and witty repartee.

The cast of characters running around really cannot be described, but here’s my best try at a snapshot of the fine people I have met at this place over my last two visits:

The Chainsaw Brothers, Bobby and Charlie –were working on the cleanup at the Soudan mine. Biggest men I have ever seen in my life. Favorite activities are taking mystery shots, pouring gasoline on open flames, and lifting women up to crack their backs. Pretty sure one of them also left their underwear on our lawn the last night.

“I Just Farted” Jessica – an ambitious young woman who, alongside her belligerent drunk of a boyfriend Mike, got out of small town MN and escaped to Eagan, where she and Mike attend community college and live the American dream on a daily basis.

Drunk Sarah – this lovely lady made an appearance both years although was in much better form the first year, when she walked around biting everyone at the bar. May or may not have rabies. Tall. Went home with some Persian pop stars the first year.

Toni “Dick Stick” – this woman was a groupie with the band playing there the first year, and shared her most prized possession with us – a lipstick in the form of male genitalia. It was breathtaking, minus the slightly unsettling purple color. She also gave us some of the sagest advice I’ve ever received: “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do. But, if you do, name it after me.” And, of course, “It’s a Kool. It’ll either cure ya or kill ya.”

The Carrier Men – these guys were up both years, and are almost entirely responsible for the fun I’ve had at Bay View. They go up every year to fish and party, and these guys really know how to cut loose. There is one man in particular who holds a very special place in my heart, and to who I am forever indebted for helping me to get through a very trying time in my life.

OLD TIM – the man, the legend. A two-time veteran of the Big D, Tim is full of life advice, kind words, real talk, and, most importantly, good weed. There is really no way to describe this man except to say he is your best dream and your worst nightmare wrapped in a bow of foul language and chauvinism. He single-handedly broke up a race war happening by the swing set this year, using just the power of his words. He is a poet, he is a scholar, he is a philosopher. He is passionate about the female menses. He will take you to a crescendo like you’ve never seen before, akin to seeing a double rainbow or a split embryo. This man is the only reason I recovered from my divorce, and he has taught me the true meaning of intimacy.

I cannot recommend this place enough. If you like to have fun, party, get wild, and crescendo, this is the place for you. Don’t be an idiot and bring your family to a place that is made for us folks who don’t have one and don’t want you getting in the way of our good time. Insider tip: look for the sauna next to the fish house. Great spot to hide out with a new friend, if you know what I mean (wink). I’ve already booked for 2013 and am counting down the days.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erin P
Reviewed September 18, 2012

During the day it's peaceful with great fishing. By night they have amazing bands that everyone will enjoy with entertaining fun staff and some of the best food I have ever tasted. The cabins are cozy and clean making you never want to leave. I'm counting down the days until I can return to the wonderful place known as Bay View Lodge.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

If you won't a nice calm night out with drinks and exaclent food and really good music and I super nice crisp clean rooms to stay the night if you do not wont to drive home the same night and it is allso located on a very good fishing lake.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The atmosphere at Bay View is like no other on Lake Vermilion. With the recent renovations, the cabins were clean and inviting. The tiki bar is right off the water on huge three tier deck where every seat offers a view of the lake. The food was delicious and the staff is friendly, accommodating and at times very entertaining. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Julie K

Been to Bay View Lodge? Share your experiences!