“Never fails us!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tofte
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Ease into north shore flavors Kick back and relax with an espresso or your favorite glass of wine in our casual, yet chic North Shore bistro. Sample the award-winning pizza, fresh homemade breads or one of our specialty soups or salads. Top it all off with something sweet and sumptuous.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stop here frequently on our North Shore trips, and their unique food features never fail us. Yummy food with fresh ingredients and always wonderful bakery goods! We had their breakfast this time, and wow, the Apple Walnut French Toast was amazing - and the granola pancakes... wish I was there now!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The pure maple syrup served in a small plastic cup along with the French Toast was just not enough, so deep, brown and fresh that it tasted like it had just been tapped the day before from a north shore tree somewhere across the highway. It was worthwhile to pay the two extra dollars for another small serving, even if just to dip a finger in. The fresh apple walnut bread coated in grand Marnier and vanilla was cooked, as described on the menu, a golden brown. To round off this classic-style late morning breakfast plate was a meaty highlight – crisp local wild rice sausage. Although we were a bit confused as to the ordering procedure up at the register, add fresh coffee and a bite of chocolate truffle torte cake and I would say this was definitely a Tofte surprise.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stopped here (as I do frequently) when I'm reluctantly heading back to the Cities. It was about noon so a little late for pastries but they were still well-stocked. I chose a cinammon pastry and an almond bear claw. It was hard to wait to eat them because they smelled so good. Both were just melt-in-my-mouth awesome. They were gone by the time I reached Duluth. I would definitely recommend Coho as a place to get food for the road. In the past I've bought sandwiches and they are always excellent.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Took my family for a couple nights in Bloomington, MN to go to the Mall of America, and took a friend's advice to check this place out on the way. Great tip from the friend, and we'll stop here every time from now on. One daughter had the Turkey sandwich and just loved it; the rest of us ordered pizza. Thinking a 6" would be too small, we ordered two 14" and a 6". The 6" is more than adequate for any customer, as it is massive and piled high. We had to box more than half our order. The Primavera was outstanding, as was the Call of the WIld. A cheese cake and a slice of chocolate truffle cake, both outstanding, and we were on our way. Fantastic! My only advice is ask the cooks to cut the olives in half instead of putting them in whole. The water inside the olive bakes out, then soaks the crust/sauce and makes a mess when you try to eat it. Easily rectified by cutting the olives in half and draining them off before putting them on the pizza.

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Great breakfast with our family! Employees were nice and friendly. However, really annoyed that I had to get back up from our table, wait in line, and run my credit card again for $2.16 for a second side of syrup. And was just a tiny condiment cup. So our food was cold by the time we finally got the syrup. Other than that, good breakfast.

Been to Coho Cafe? Share your experiences!