“Great location close to outdoor adventure!”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tofte
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We came down initially for 1 night to watch the Beargrease Sled Dog Races pass through Sawbill checkpoint. Found great recreation opportunities nearby to hike, xc ski, snowshoe, see waves crashing in on L. Superior, unique shops and general store (with wine) nearby, other friendly travellers also watching dog-sledding. We ended up staying 2 more nights, and they had room. Location is so handy across from Bluefin , where we ate 2 evenings, enjoying live music 1 night, crashing waves the next, and near Coho restaurant.
Breakfast is good, service too. Nice lobby area to sit by gas fire, plan, visit other travellers. Helpful staff. Beds and pillows a bit hard, other than that, room is fine, even had microwave. Plan to come again for a winter get-away. Didn't try out the pool, though.

Room Tip: No elevator as only 2 story, so have to carry luggage upstairs, if that's a concern. We faced pa...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canucktraveller1958
There are newer reviews for AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Hotel is on a beautiful spot overlooking the lake, it's clean, very comfortable & everytime I stay, the staff is more than helpful! Plenty of variety for breakfast...& there's coffee on all day. I stay in the winter to dog sled with Rita out of Stony Creek Kennels...an experiance I & my son fell in love with the first time we went! I stay in the summer to hike & play along the water & do some alpine sliding at Lutsen. I've stayed other places but this hotel just feels like "one of my home away from homes"...I also love the little shop & the fact I can sit in the hot tub & watch my son swim at the same time. Sammy's pizza will deliver & I have to say the hot wings were succulent! Get out & enjoy the shore...then sauna & relax when the day is done! It's just a perfect little hotel!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
americinngmTofte, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your review! We take great pride in making our guests feel at home and welcome. We appreciate your continued business and loyalty to our brand. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

From beginning to end this was wonderful.
The staff were very friendly and accomodating as well as wanting to please you. We were offered an upgrade at no extra cost. Also gave us late check out of 4 hours at no extra cost.Breakfast was very good including omellettes cereal fruit toast waffles etc and with a family of 4 a restaurant meal would be 50.00 so take that off the price of the room and you have a real deal. I would highly recomend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: no elevator in this hotel was not an isssue for us but might be to others
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank SHELLY878
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were going to stay in Grand Marias but there were no openings! I called one of the hotels in Grand Marais and asked how much it was a night and it was $120.00. But, since there were no openings at the last minute I called Americinn in Tofte and for even less than that we got a jacuzzi suite! Excellent service plus a hot breakfast! I'm so glad we called!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
americinngmTofte, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Have you heard about our frequent stayers program, Easy Rewards? Be sure to check it out! You can earn points when you stay at any Americinn and they can then be redeemed in the form of a room voucher or cash! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We arrived late on a Saturday night. The staff were friendly & helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The room was at just the right temperature. The kids enjoyed the pool & game room. The only thing missing was a water slide which only a handful of Americinn's have. The front lounge of the hotel is huge with a fireplace, moose head and bear skin - lots of seating ( both to relax & eat). The selection of tv channels was a bit disappointing, it could be I wasn't using it right. I also found the wifi connection a little iffy. Breakfast was great. All in all, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ferrytrip
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tofte is my favorite place to stay when visiting the North Shore of Lake Superior. Great location with regard to parks, trails and all kinds of outdoor activities. Tofte is very small -- doesn't really feel like a "town" -- but there are good places to eat, get gas and a few shops nearby. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is great. The pool and hottub are great amenities. I have stayed here two or three times and have never been disappointed. In June 2012 I stayed for three days during the week and got a great rate -- $67/night, if I remember correctly. Highly recommended! (If you stay, be sure to visit the little town park on the lake shore behind the fire station!)

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms. Rooms on the south end are close to a "side" entrance to the pa...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OldGreyGoose
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great staff and facility! Will return again. I have stayed here before and nothing changes always clean and well staffed. Located right in the middle of the North Shore and plenty of ammentities just blocks away

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofte
Lutsen Resort on Lake Superior
Surfside on Lake Superior
Caribou Highlands Lodge
Eagle Ridge at Lutsen Mountain
The Cliff Dweller on Lake Superior
Superior Ridge Resort Motel

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Tofte - Lake Superior? Share your experiences!