“Didn't get a chance to stay at this property” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sturgeon Lake Motel

Sturgeon Lake Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Lake
Sturgeon Lake Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sturgeon Lake
minneapolis
“Didn't get a chance to stay at this property”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I tried making a reservation for Saturday 22JUN. however the woman on the phone wouldn't reserve a room for me that was nonsmoking because I told her my husband was a smoker. She insisted on putting us in a smoking room even though he NEVER smokes in our home or hotel room and we NEVER stay in a smoking hotel room. I am a nonsmoker and I wanted a nonsmoking room. She asked where my husband would smoke. Where would he put out his cigarettes? She was very rude on the phone and just as I was ready to give her my credit card number I had to hang up on her. I couldn't stay there. I'd rather sleep in my car than give her the 69.00 for a room at her motel. We did drive by the motel. You can barely see the sign off the freeway. NOT 1 car in the parking lot. Business didn't look too good which is understandable with her attitude. No hospitality skills what so ever. I have been a travel agent in Minneapolis for 19 years and I've never experienced this before. You'd think she was renting out a nonsmoking room in a 5 star luxury hotel. Definately not the case.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Solo
Business
MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located right off the freeway and in the area we were visiting family (Sturgeon Lake). We didn't want to stay in Moose Lake and then drive the 4 miles to Sturgeon Lake. The property was very well maintained and the rooms were very clean. Our bedding was fresh and clean smelling. The furnishings and carpet in the rooms were "old fashioned" like something from the 70's -- but like I said, everything was clean and well maintained. The TV was small, a 25" old school (not flat panel), but had basic cable. We were just there to sleep. They allowed dogs for a small fee and had plenty of grassy/woodsy pet walking areas. Additional pluses: across the street is a Little Store gas station, liquor store, laundromat, and restaurant (Ernie's Diner).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Gina_MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Great value very clean nice older couple.
They like the place clean.
Excellent place to ATV

• Stayed April 2012
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sturgeon Lake
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#1 of 1 in Finlayson

Been to Sturgeon Lake Motel? Share your experiences!